300 yards on steel with .25 M3

I use the Absolute MOA kit with my Cold Shot mounted on my Texan ,257 LSS.
To go from 300,250,200,175,150 yards with only dialing in with the digital indicator, is a breeze and very accurate.

Anybody with a cold Shot knows that the "4 clicks" between the MOA numbers is tricky to get right and with consistency.

Yes the Cold Shot is pricey, but worth the money to be able to use the center cross hairs on every shot. No hold over or unders.

Rod in San Francisco

Reactions: Swish
I wasn't really shooting for group size. I will typically only shoot for groups on very calm days. That way I know for sure what the setup is capable of. If a can't shoot consistent sub MOA groups at this yardage on a calm day then I know I still have work to do. I feel that I'm getting close but waiting for a calm day to verify.

The Coldshot base is pretty good but I still like the Ravin Jack Plate better. Keep in mind that you'll NEED the Absolute MOA Digital Readout Kit for the Ravin and you'll WANT the Absolute MOA kit for the Coldshot. Plus it helps that the Ravin is also half the price of the Coldshot.
on the Ravin I saw the lever for the clicks to make them quiet or lock.. on the adjustment wheel it looks like another lever, is that a lock for the adjustment?
mark

on the Ravin I saw the lever for the clicks to make them quiet or lock.. on the adjustment wheel it looks like another lever, is that a lock for the adjustment?
mark
That lever is removable and comes with small wheel piece that replaces it. When the lever is attached to the wheel, it only allows for less than one revolution worth of adjustment. Probably fine for most crossbows but not for ELR with airguns.
Screenshot_20231113_112735_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: markhooper
great 👍 thanks for the pictures. it makes it easy to understand..
so I you go more than a revolution you either have to have the digital dial indicator or remember how many turns.. too bad there's not a veneer scale on the side indicating a number for how many turns..
that would work for me since I haven't used any ballistic calculator..
Mark