300 pests down for my Atomic XR

Went down to sit overwatch at the farm hoop house. Bagged 13 birds, recovered 11. This “baker’s dozen” puts my Atomic XR at over 300 pest birds since March. The yellow arrow pointing at the tree? That’s where they perch before gliding down to the hoop house. Sending CPHPs, kill shots from 25-35 yards…

2047F0D9-E80A-439B-B603-A7C5A1783BB6.jpeg

281C7AF3-79D5-4FDC-854C-C02F23B257CB.jpeg

8B53AC90-45B5-4C25-82CB-3DD790DAB2A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Luis, that is quite an impressive number of birds for you and your Atomic! That's almost a full tin! Congratulations and nice photos! That number doesn't include any rats you've taken with it!
Doesn’t include the rats or the few chipmunks… Mostly the Atomic has been a bane on sparrows and starlings. I’m hoping to get opportunities on the rats this autumn.

Congrats, L.Leon! That .22 Atomic really suits you(and many others). A lot of pesting prowess in a compact package and it shoots cheap ammo(CPHPs) well too. Great shooting!
Thank you @Ghostranger169, it really is a sweet pesting rig... one user has bagged starlings out to 70+ yards with his. I like to shoot, a lot so that it shoots those CPHPs good enough for pesting and plinking? Icing on the cake. I can get tighter groups with the JSB Exact Jumbos, but I see no reason to use them in my Atomic sub 50 yards for pests.

That is one sweet rig you've set up for sure -

Nice shooting too breaux! I've never done any pesting for anyone other than myself, so it's nice too see it done the right way.
Thanks! @SteveV, many of those same critters get a pass on my property... The farmers are grateful for the eliminations… and I’m grateful for the privilege to hunt and pests on their property.

@L.Leon well done with the Atomic, sounds like the run I probably would have had with the Prophet, if I still had it.
Your runs are a coming… you’ve been moving around a bit. And those 🤬🤬🤬 thieves set you back. Once you are settle in the pests will be in trouble. The permission I’m on just happens to have lots of sparrows.