300 bar only for 2 regulator guns?

Fx seem to make the new norm as 300 bar fill can only be use on guns with 2 regulators. But im looking at 300 bar guns and I see most only have 1 regulator. Example AEA guns do not have 2 regs and they are fill to 310 bars or 4500 psi. Umarex also makes 300 bar fill guns with single reg. The edgun guns are also 300 bar single reg. Ataman also have 300 bar guns single reg. Even a $300 averager mostly plastic stock and receiver can handle 300 bar. This is just some of the 300 bar single reg guns. I'm sure there are many out there and zero reports of these guns blowing up killing someone. So why is a fully metal expensive top of the line air gun limit to only 250 bar. I'm guessing the bottle is only 250 bar fill. So could we replace it with 300 bar bottles? Fx seem to make it only the m3 and maverick can use 300 bar cause they are 2 regs. But all internals are the same as the wildcat and impact mk2. So if bottle is a 300 fill, couldn't it be use on a gun like the wildcat, impact mk2, crown, and fill to 300 bar?

Ask yourself what is the gun designed for? After asking yourself that it'll answer your question.

20220920_174304.jpg

Reactions: delooper
Ask yourself what is the gun designed for? After asking yourself that it'll answer your question.

View attachment 291261
Thats a mk2, says max fill pressure is 250 bar.
Below is the m3. Also says 250 bar fill pressure. So please tell me why fx said its ok to use 300 bar on a gun that is also designed for 250 bar fill just because it have 2 regs? Hmmm?? Lol. They didn't just say its ok, they are making their own 300 bar bottle to sale for the m3 which says max fill pressure is 250 bar. Now what gives.
right-profile-close-up__05423.jpg

Screenshot_20220920-201153_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220920-200503_YouTube.jpg

What you're failing to understand is the first reg brings the pressure down before it goes into the gun. Does the mk3 action ever see 300 bar? No. Would it if you just slapped a 300 bar bottle on a mk2? Yes. Is 300 more than 250? Yes.
Actually the housing block does see 300 bar. Thats how the guage on the side can read bottle pressure. The reg is built that it still allow full pressure into the housing, so the first gauge on the body can still see bottle pressure. Then they drill another hole/tunnel inside the house so the regulated pressure from the 1st reg will pass through to the other gauge to read 1st reg pressure and then pass into the 2nd reg. The mk2 and m3 share similar housing, just have different drilling/tunnels. So if the m3 housing can hold 300 bar, the same can be with the mk2. And then the original reg will regulated the pressure into the power plenum and valves.

I think you are confused fx 1st reg to how the huma reg for the impact works. The impact 1st reg still allow full pressure into the house block and then to the fill port. That is why you still able to use the original fill port to fill the gun. The huma 1st reg for the impact will regulated all air and only let the regulated pressure pass through. That is why you will not see bottle pressure on the original gauge or even use the original fill port. So what you are thinking is the huma 1st reg for the impact. The fx version is special cause it does regulated the air and at the same time allow full bottle pressure to pass into the housing block.

Last edited:
Actually the housing block does see 300 bar. Thats how the guage on the side can read bottle pressure. The reg is built that it still allow full pressure into the housing, so the first gauge on the body can still see bottle pressure. Then they drill another hole/tunnel inside the house so the regulated pressure from the 1st reg will pass through to the other gauge to read 1st reg pressure and then pass into the 2nd reg. The mk2 and m3 share similar housing, just have different drilling/tunnels. So if the m3 housing can hold 300 bar, the same can be with the mk2. And then the original reg will regulated the pressure into the power plenum and valves.

I think you are confused fx 1st reg to how the huma reg for the impact works. The impact 1st reg still allow full pressure into the house block and then to the fill port. That is why you still able to use the original fill port to fill the gun. The huma 1st reg for the impact will regulated all air and only let the regulated pressure pass through. That is why you will not see bottle pressure on the original gauge or even use the original fill port. So what you are thinking is the huma 1st reg for the impact. The fx version is special cause it does regulated the air and at the same time allow full bottle pressure to pass into the housing block.

Regardless do as you like bud.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigHUN
Man this has been hashed over so many times and someone did contact fx to clarify.

It’s a 300 bar rated bottle, so what? The gun is stamped with a max fill pressure of 250. Has nothing to do with the bottle.

If I took my bottle off and was able to cap off the threaded adapter on the gun air tight, and instead shoot tethered to a SCBA tank connected to the fill Quick Disconnect, the max pressure I would set the inline tethering reg would be 250 bar cause that’s what’s stamped on the gun.

I buy an LCS, I get a 300 bar 580cc omega tank with the gun from AOA, but I only fill it to 250 cause that’s what’s stamped on the gun.

If I had an avenger yes I would fill it to 300 bar cause that’s what’s stamped on the gun for max fill pressure. I don’t have to but the manufacturer says I can, just like if I find my impact shoots the best 25 shots starting from 225 bar, I don’t have to fill to 250. I start at 225 bar!

I don’t know what’s hard to grasp about all of that. Fill to manufacturers spec ON THE GUN.

Man this has been hashed over so many times and someone did contact fx to clarify.

It’s a 300 bar rated bottle, so what? The gun is stamped with a max fill pressure of 250. Has nothing to do with the bottle.

If I took my bottle off and was able to cap off the threaded adapter on the gun air tight, and instead shoot tethered to a SCBA tank connected to the fill Quick Disconnect, the max pressure I would set the inline tethering reg would be 250 bar cause that’s what’s stamped on the gun.

I buy an LCS, I get a 300 bar 580cc omega tank with the gun from AOA, but I only fill it to 250 cause that’s what’s stamped on the gun.

If I had an avenger yes I would fill it to 300 bar cause that’s what’s stamped on the gun for max fill pressure. I don’t have to but the manufacturer says I can, just like if I find my impact shoots the best 25 shots starting from 225 bar, I don’t have to fill to 250. I start at 225 bar!

I don’t know what’s hard to grasp about all of that. Fill to manufacturers spec ON THE GUN.
All you're saying is, fill gun to whats stamp on the gun. But you haven't even answered the point of the thread. Lmao. The m3 is stamp on 250 bar max. Then why are fx making 300 bar bottle for the m3 and maverick and say its ok to use 300 bar on a 250 bar gun. o_O. so fx is crazy and nuts telling us its ok to fill past the max fill pressure of a gun that is designed for only 250 bar max?

All you're saying is, fill gun to whats stamp on the gun. But you haven't even answered the point of the thread. Lmao. The m3 is stamp on 250 bar max. Then why are fx making 300 bar bottle for the m3 and maverick and say its ok to use 300 bar on a 250 bar gun. o_O. so fx is crazy and nuts telling us its ok to fill past the max fill pressure of a gun that is designed for only 250 bar max?
Someone already contacted FXUSA and asked them to clarify, and FXUSA said to fill to 250 bar cause that’s what is labeled on the gun. He posted back on a thread and let all on the forums know his findings. The rating on the bottle has nothing to do with the rating on the gun, except be equivalent or greater, as in the M3.
I don’t know the thread title nor do I have a link to it, but it was already heavily discussed.

Hopefully FXUSA can chime in and clarify on the forum, on this thread.

The M3 has been out over a year now, and you’d think by now with changes made to the rear block(lower block as of January of 2022) that a change would’ve been made to the guns rating pressure, but it hasn’t. The point I’m trying to make is if FX intended this gun to be filled to 300 bar they would’ve made that change already as the newer editions have come out

Last edited:
You're letting your hopes outstrip rationality. The bottle isn't the gun.

The gains in ACTUAL air one can use IS NOT PROPORTIONAL to the increase in pressure 250 to 300 bar as is gained 200 to 250 bar.
Wear and tear on seals containing 300 bar is also far greater than at 250 bar.

Going to 300 bar for gun filling in lieu of stopping at 250 bar is simply not worth it !! 230 to 250 bar is even semi not worth it IMO.

One only need research a bit on BOYLES law ... https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...les-law//RK=2/RS=kTCLL3T67e9Vd.HccqAgqm1t41g-

The inconsistency in what manual says, pressure gauge (250 max), rifle, support is unlucky.
I was told by the FXUS support that I can fill the bottle with 300bar given I have such a bottle. Which I have. Also it was explained to me that the 1st reg is the reason behind of why impact is ok with 300 in the bottle.
I used this configuration myself successfully with no damage so far.

Email from the fx support:

On impact m3 you have 2 regulator. One in the bottle adaptor and one in the rifle. Bottle regulator regulate the pressure up to 150bar (default setting) in to the rifle and therefor you can use 300bar pressure in bottle (if you have 300bars bottle) and still be under 250bar directly in the block. On rifles that not have this regulator get the high pressure directly from bottle in the block

Reactions: Patrick1
The inconsistency in what manual says, pressure gauge (250 max), rifle, support is unlucky.
I was told by the FXUS support that I can fill the bottle with 300bar given I have such a bottle. Which I have. Also it was explained to me that the 1st reg is the reason behind of why impact is ok with 300 in the bottle.
I used this configuration myself successfully with no damage so far.

Email from the fx support:

On impact m3 you have 2 regulator. One in the bottle adaptor and one in the rifle. Bottle regulator regulate the pressure up to 150bar (default setting) in to the rifle and therefor you can use 300bar pressure in bottle (if you have 300bars bottle) and still be under 250bar directly in the block. On rifles that not have this regulator get the high pressure directly from bottle in the block
I had exactly the same discussion with FX Support. I too have been filling my M3 to 300 Bar (using a 700cc 300 bar bottle and valve) with no problems for the last year.

Reactions: merpo and Jlowe