• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

$300 Air Venturi Avenger Review/Hunt

At the 2020 Shot Show I made my rounds and came across the Air Venturi booth where I found the Avenger. This is a $300 entry level PCP that has a ton of features people had asked for. Is it perfect? No, but for the money it's pretty dang good. Here is my honest assessment of this gun I think some will enjoy. Marley and I spent two weeks filming this one and was impressed with how it held up.

https://youtu.be/U2ZnFkZM_04

It's a made in China gun so QC sooner or later is likely to be a problem. Even if it's not I try not to by Chinese guns although with some good marketing I get tricked into it now and again.

For some people a $300 PCP is a ton of money to spend. Some live on fixed income or just don't have the interest in spending much. To each his own, if something like this gets people out shooting a PCP I think it's great. You then have those with expectations for these to outperform and outlast a high end PCP. A reason these are "entry" level. This gun has a ton of potential but unfortunately when something is that tunable people always go overboard. Chances are problems will happen because people can never be satisfied and always need more power. Guns get maxed out beyond what they were intended to be. You then have aftermarket parts that fix the problem. It's progressive

Yup and I have been there myself so know first hand what you speak of. There is often a simple fix or mod that will make the Chinese gun werq fairly well and if it is what one can afford buy it or buy an American Made Benjamin Fortitude for the same price. Just saying with all the decades of intellectual theft and the virus they so kindly sent us, that has killed so many, maybe we should at least think about spending our money elsewhere?

Keyman-

Amen to that! My thoughts exactly, entry level gun and you need a compressor or c.f. tank to get much use? Riiight.

Waaaaait just a minute there pard. As I was watching Ted's review (part1), he stated it was a 300 bar fill, if some ones going on the cheap just to get into air gunning, they missed the 800lb gorilla in the room, How you gonna fill this bad boy.

Waaaaait just a minute there pard. As I was watching Ted's review (part1), he stated it was a 300 bar fill, if some ones going on the cheap just to get into air gunning, they missed the 800lb gorilla in the room, How you gonna fill this bad boy.

I fill my Liberty with a Chinese handpump to 4K psi without breaking a sweat in 30-45 mins.

AK

Maybe AEAC can do a proper review, AEAC reviews are consistent, so you can get a feel how it handles vs other guns. Still haven't seen Ted's Part 2, That'd help a bunch

Really 😂

Yeah, I really would like to see AEAC do it, I would like to see a much more standardized review like AEAC does so I can compare. Problem with one-off reviews is that I don't have anything to compare it to. AEAC follows the same format over and over and over, to the point of being boring, but that's real data. Ted was hyping how good the trigger is, and I'd like to see if it keeps him happy. Like to see someone talk about the regulator and tank pressures too. I've seen people say the reg is set to 3,000, which seems a bit high to me.

Just have more questions, and since these are all early release guns, I'd like to see some progress reports on normal production guns in a few months too. Looks good now, held up for 2 weeks, but how will it hold up in 6 months? Or is this another Umerex Hammer that we'll never see. So many unanswered questions