• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

30 Yard "Wannabe like Manabe" Challenge

Okay guys and gals, here is my entry into the 30 yard "Wannabe like Manabe" challenge. Please feel free to share yours!

I'm shooting a BSA R-10 MK2 in .22 cal. It is wearing a Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50. The pellets used were JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.1 gr with a 5.53MM head diameter. The weather could have been more cooperative, 15 mph winds, but shooting well in the wind is what separates the men from the boys...clearly I'm still in the boys category.

1/4" bulls. 

Craig

Haha....if you're in the "boys category", I'm in the infant category !LOL! Great shooting Craig.
What power did you have the scope set on? I know those 1/4" KZ's are pretty hard to see on 12 power.

I just shot my second FT match this year. Same score as my first one with 44 out of 60, so at least I'm consistent;-)
The 4 hour trip to get there and 4 hours back takes it's toll on this ol' fart. I'll try my best to give her a go at your 30 yd challenge within the week.

Jimmy

Reactions: harrybarker
"CampFussell"Haha....if you're in the "boys category", I'm in the infant category !LOL! Great shooting Craig.
What power did you have the scope set on? I know those 1/4" KZ's are pretty hard to see on 12 power.

I just shot my second FT match this year. Same score as my first one with 44 out of 60, so at least I'm consistent;-)
The 4 hour trip to get there and 4 hours back takes it's toll on this ol' fart. I'll try my best to give her a go at your 30 yd challenge within the week.

Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy! I've seen FT matches and 44 out of 60 without a rest, is damn good in my book. I have the power all the way up. I don't know if I'd want to try on anything lower. I keep trying to rotate the dial looking for more but, it gets stuck! Scope must be broken!

Craig,
Again, your shooting looks top notch!!...no "BOYS" category for you!! Your precision of your shots are excellent, Especially in the wind!!
Excellent Shooting!!
It makes me feel kinda strange that people have taken up this challenge at all these different ranges, when I can only shoot out of a 13m range in my apartment....But it makes me glad that people have taken the initiative. After all, it's about the precision of the shooting...that you can hit the mark over and over again with confidence.
Hopefully I will have so time this week to try the challenge at 50 yards....but until then....I am stuck at 13m.
Great Shooting Craig!

"manabeknives"Craig,
Again, your shooting looks top notch!!...no "BOYS" category for you!! Your precision of your shots are excellent, Especially in the wind!!
Excellent Shooting!!
It makes me feel kinda strange that people have taken up this challenge at all these different ranges, when I can only shoot out of a 13m range in my apartment....But it makes me glad that people have taken the initiative. After all, it's about the precision of the shooting...that you can hit the mark over and over again with confidence.
Hopefully I will have so time this week to try the challenge at 50 yards....but until then....I am stuck at 13m.
Great Shooting Craig!
Thanks Manabe! I want to try a 50 yarder as well. I'm starting to fear I won't have enough magnification though. Even at 30 yards, the bull looks awful small!

"manabeknives"Craig,
Excellent Shooting!!
Great Shooting Craig!
Ahhh that explains the 13m target!

"CampFussell"Haha....if you're in the "boys category", I'm in the infant category !LOL! Great shooting Craig.

Jimmy
A 44/60 is a great score for Hunter class and two days of that at last years nationals would have put you in the awards ceremony. In my first match this year I shot a 24/50 :( I have another this upcoming weekend to try and forget about the first one.

"SPDRCER"Okay guys and gals, here is my entry into the 30 yard "Wannabe like Manabe" challenge. Please feel free to share yours!

I'm shooting a BSA R-10 MK2 in .22 cal. It is wearing a Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50. The pellets used were JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.1 gr with a 5.53MM head diameter. The weather could have been more cooperative, 15 mph winds, but shooting well in the wind is what separates the men from the boys...clearly I'm still in the boys category.

1/4" bulls. 
is this a regular match or do yall shoot at home and post targets?

Craig