• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30-Yard Challenge

Attached is my initial submission for the 2023 30-Yard Masters Class.

Wind conditions varied from calm to 6 mph but switching from anywhere between 9 and 3 o'clock. I was attempting to shoot only when the wind-flag tail ribbons fell straight down and it worked well until the 15th bull when a gust caught me.

I failed to note on the card that the barrel on the Thomas was a .177 and the velocity was averaging 802 fps. The scope is a Leopold 45X.

IMG_1775.JPG

Please replace my previous card with the attached one for my Master Class entry.

Wind conditions today were constantly changed in both direction and speeds up to 6 mph. Calm conditions were extremely short during my first four targets, but I caught a decent relatively calm period that lasted long enough to allow me to shoot this target.

Scan2023-10-21_194952.jpg

Last edited:
I brought out the Revere today and forgot all my 30 yard challenge cards, except for having one card. Shot a couple cards today, no wind. Nothing for submission, and shot a 196 and a 198. I did include one N50 card, because the Revere shot very well at 50Y. None of my .22 rifles ever break 240 at 50Y, but today was my lucky day.

These pics were posted on the N50 category under Benchrest, but since I did shoot a couple 30 yard challenge cards, I wanted to post here as well. How do you guys shoot these 40 yard cards and Masters cards so darn well?? I still need the two mulligans, just like when I play golf. One mulligan a side. ;):)

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Nice shooting TommyB !

I just returned from a trip to Nashville, reunion with some old friends - some of whom had not seen each other in 40 years!

It was an absolute blast, but I’m feeling tired and sore after returning to CT yesterday, hope I’m not fighting off illness.

Of course I wanted to shoot the new Dreamline Power Pup .25…. So I dragged myself out there and shot this Masters card at 40 yards - this ties my Prophet .22 for most Xs on a 40 Masters Card - 191 11X.

I think JimmyD was discussing scope cant with beerthief a bit ago. Since I slapped a scope on the Power Pup in a hurry, I have not installed a level on the scope yet. Zero was off to the right on 1st two sighters - so I went and got a little bubble level, put on top turret and leveled. Next two shots were left. So, at 40 yards, a canted rifle will cost ya.

The Dreamline.25 is shooting damn well at 40 yards - so light and compact too.

Shooting conditions were awesome, wish I felt better. I’ll post updated leaderboards soon.

IMG_3106.jpeg

IMG_3105.jpeg

40 Yards and Wind…

Hope you guys are getting some lead downrange. Weather has been mid-70s in Connecticut. I’m sick but have still been shooting because it’s about to get cold here - for 6 months….

Shooting 40 Yard Masters cards - haven’t shot 30 yards in quite a while.

Last night conditions were good and I shot 191 11X with Prophet .22 at 40 yard Masters.

Picked up same rifle today and shot 175 3X at 40 Masters- it was breezy and shifting directions.

Shot 2 more 40 Yard Masters cards just before dusk - mild breeze but not shifting - shot 192 9X and finished with 190 6X.

Conclusion: I suck at shooting in the wind. Using FX 18.13g @ 895-900 fps.

That’s like a 15+ point difference between wind and non wind conditions.

Got any pointers regarding wind shooting?

IMG_3113.jpeg

IMG_3110.jpeg

IMG_3105.jpeg

40 Yards and Wind…

Hope you guys are getting some lead downrange. Weather has been mid-70s in Connecticut. I’m sick but have still been shooting because it’s about to get cold here - for 6 months….

Shooting 40 Yard Masters cards - haven’t shot 30 yards in quite a while.

Last night conditions were good and I shot 191 11X with Prophet .22 at 40 yard Masters.

Picked up same rifle today and shot 175 3X at 40 Masters- it was breezy and shifting directions.

Shot 2 more 40 Yard Masters cards just before dusk - mild breeze but not shifting - shot 192 9X and finished with 190 6X.

Conclusion: I suck at shooting in the wind. Using FX 18.13g @ 895-900 fps.

That’s like a 15+ point difference between wind and non wind conditions.

Got any pointers regarding wind shooting?

View attachment 400553

View attachment 400554

View attachment 400555
Hello @EPG

I have learned to not shoot in high wind conditions at 25-yards and beyond. First off I don't read the wind real good and I wind up with a bad score, and second I wind up getting frustrated :D .

ThomasT

Hello @EPG

I have learned to not shoot in high wind conditions at 25-yards and beyond. First off I don't read the wind real good and I wind up with a bad score, and second I wind up getting frustrated :D .

ThomasT

Hey guys. Friday night here….

I would be hesitant to shoot in any wind if I wanted to score a 200 Masters Card at 30Y; for our informal challenge.

DO shoot in wind if you want to compete in 100 yard EBR, RMAC, PAC, et al. It humbles and teaches us at distance.

Wind moves our pellets around a lot at 30y and beyond…

😀😀😀

TYC Leaderboard Update

As we get deeper into the year, it’s becoming apparent that its hard to top most of the scores that have already been posted for our rifles…

… however, we have introduced the Masters Card (no mulligans - all shots count) to keep “challenging“ ourselves…

With this update, I’ve added a 30 Yard Masters leaderboard.

mreynolds recently submitted the 1st Masters 200 of 2023 ! ThomasT and myself made good runs at 200, but fell just a point short…

I’ve also added a 40 Yard Challenge and 40 Yard Masters leaderboards - for those who want to try shooting a bit longer range. I’ve been spending most of my time at 40 yards these days.

Lots of space available on these new Leaderboards, - get to shootin’ - lol !

Note - I’m still able to score .25 caliber holes with my .22 scoring plug - the plug is still snug in the .25 holes. (.22 and .25 are the closest gap between the major calibers). When shooting 40 yards, .25 caliber 25.4g seem to handle the wind better than 16g and lighter pellets.

AGN Leaderboard.jpeg

AGN Masters Leaderboards.jpeg

AGN HoA.jpeg

Hope you guys are havin’ fun,

-Ed

TYC Leaderboard Update

As we get deeper into the year, it’s becoming apparent that its hard to top most of the scores that have already been posted for our rifles…

… however, we have introduced the Masters Card (no mulligans - all shots count) to keep “challenging“ ourselves…

With this update, I’ve added a 30 Yard Masters leaderboard.

mreynolds recently submitted the 1st Masters 200 of 2023 ! ThomasT and myself made good runs at 200, but fell just a point short…

I’ve also added a 40 Yard Challenge and 40 Yard Masters leaderboards - for those who want to try shooting a bit longer range. I’ve been spending most of my time at 40 yards these days.

Lots of space available on these new Leaderboards, - get to shootin’ - lol !

Note - I’m still able to score .25 caliber holes with my .22 scoring plug - the plug is still snug in the .25 holes. (.22 and .25 are the closest gap between the major calibers). When shooting 40 yards, .25 caliber 25.4g seem to handle the wind better than 16g and lighter pellets.

View attachment 401450

View attachment 401451

View attachment 401452

Hope you guys are havin’ fun,

-Ed
Hello @EPG

Thank you ED for all this work and keeping us all up to date, and yes this is FUN.

ThomasT

What size paper do you guys use for the 30 yard target challenge? Tnks
Hello @Grassguy12200

Standard 8-1/2 x 11 paper or cardstock, when printed to scale on this size material you are insured that the "target" is to the correct size ( also correct scale ).

ThomasT

Reactions: oledawg
Here are my first Master 30 yd challenge targets . A bit windy on the first target 10/29 and 3 shot today. I think I was getting tired even though I was taking breaks and stretching between shots and the wind began to pick up. You might notice on targets 3 & 4 one was shot with 21.53 JTS and the other with 18.1 JTS. Only changed from med power to low for the 18.1’s and scope was right on. Frustrating I had an 8 on both those targets.
Lupo Rosso .22
Sightron 10-50x60 on 20 mag
T1 193 9x JTS 21.53 Med power
T2 191 9x JTS 22.07 Med power this was my last target shot today
T3 197 13x JTS 22.07 Med power 1st shot today
T4 197 14X JTS 18.1 Lo power 2nd shot today
30 yd challenge 10:29:23 - 193:9x.jpeg
30 yd challenge 10:31:23 - 191:9x.jpeg
30 yd challenge 10:31:23 - 197:13x.jpeg
30 yd challenge 10:31:23 - 197:14x.jpeg

Here are my first Master 30 yd challenge targets . A bit windy on the first target 10/29 and 3 shot today. I think I was getting tired even though I was taking breaks and stretching between shots and the wind began to pick up. You might notice on targets 3 & 4 one was shot with 21.53 JTS and the other with 18.1 JTS. Only changed from med power to low for the 18.1’s and scope was right on. Frustrating I had an 8 on both those targets.
Lupo Rosso .22
Sightron 10-50x60 on 20 mag
T1 193 9x JTS 21.53 Med power
T2 191 9x JTS 22.07 Med power this was my last target shot today
T3 197 13x JTS 22.07 Med power 1st shot today
T4 197 14X JTS 18.1 Lo power 2nd shot today
View attachment 401734View attachment 401735View attachment 401733View attachment 401732
Hello @oledawg

Some very nice shooting and the 197 getting really close (y)

ThomasT

Reactions: tommyb and oledawg
Thanks, I’m just baffled by my 8’s I can’t figure out what I did wrong. Just need to keep shooting
Hello @oledawg

I generally figure an 8 is the result of a bad pellet if all the other shots are hitting their mark when shooting 50-yards or less.

ThomasT

Reactions: oledawg