• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

30-Yard Challenge

Here are the final results for August - September. Congrats to the top shooters.

leaders v2.png

The Leaderboards will be reset for October - November. I will post updates every Sunday morning.
Here are the new groups:
1) SENIORS (Ages 65+)
2) ADULTS (Ages 64 and below)
3) MASTERS (All rules the same, except you only shoot 20 targets, no mulligans. This is for the best shooters)
4) SPRINGERS

As a reminder, the pdf file for the target is on the first post, along with the rules. A .224" scoring plug (or a .22 pellet, skirt down) can be used for scoring .177 and .22 targets. Let me know if anyone has questions on scoring.

Wherever this falls...

I shot 5 cards today with my TX200 MKIII .177 Springer. I am 62 years old. I tried AA Field Heavy 10.3 with Beeswax, Zan 10gr with Beeswax and H&N Barracuda 10.65 (no wax).

85°F
Wind 3 T 8 MPH from 6 o'clock to 9 o'clock
Partly Cloudy

Tx200
Mueller 40x56mm
Caldwell Rock BR
Protekor #13

Scores ranged from
163 4x (H&N Barracuda)
165 1x (Zan 10 BW)
167 2x (AA Field Heavy BW)
171 4x (H&N Barracuda)
179 6x (AA Field Heavy BW)

20220925_140022.jpg

Hey Tcarlson777,
Just shot another decent card. This was with my FX Maverick in .22 w/ a 700mm barrel using JSB RDM 25.39 gr. The wind was gusting 5-7 mph from my 5 o'clock and I was shooting from a card table (bad idea - will have to come up with something better). I had just bought some of those scoring pins (one in .177 and one in .22) so I used it. That is why the scoring appears to be generous in the photo. Maybe I shouldn't use those anymore to be fair to others?
Oh by the way, I will be 69 years young in about 2 months - so definitely
20220925_145848.jpg
fall in the senior category. But if my HFT experience is any tell, many of the best scores will also be in that group. "There is more to gray hair than old bones!"

I shot this target after trying to adjust the parallax on my Sightron SIII 8x32x56 down to 30 yards. At the full power setting, it only adjusts down to 40 yards. I shot the target on 8 power to get some clarity. I bought this scope for long distance shooting and never thought it would end up on an air rifle. I've shot it at 20 yards on the chicken air gun silhouette target and it worked fine, At 78 years old, the circular lines were difficult to see for me. In any event, it was fun to shoot. I was shooting a Benjamin Cayden, 22, with Crossman HP 14.3gr. Score was 175.

IMG_0680.JPG

Last edited: