• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30-Yard Challenge

Getting tired of shooting groups? Try this game out. You shoot all 24 bulls once at 30 yards. Next, eliminate your two lowest pairs. Then, add up your score, with a Max of 200. My best target using my Vet Long is below, as is the target I used. It would be a really great shooter who could get a 200. The 10 ring is 3.28mm in diameter, about the size of a small fly. Post up your best score and what gun you used!

View attachment 206886

Here are the scoring rules:

If the hole touches the next higher ring, score to the higher ring. Use a pellet, skirt down, if the hole is ragged.

To score a 10, you just need to touch the gray ring surrounding the black dot.

To score an X, you just need to touch the black dot in the center. (This is different than the instructions on the bottom of the target, due to us shooting at 30-yards)

.177 shooters are allowed to use a .22 pellet or a .224 scoring plug to score their targets, to compensate for the smaller diameter of a .177 pellet.

Once you shoot all 24 bulls, you get to eliminate your lowest two sets (mulligans) see the target above how I slashed out my two lowest pairs.

Score the remaining 20 targets for a Max score of 200. Also add your X's if you have any.

So a perfect score would be 200 20X. Please post up your scores and what rifle you are shooting. Have fun!!

Nice!

download.png
View attachment 206891

Wow, @igolfat8 , that was an incredible shooting session with your Avenger! Great job.
You ain’t kidding. 20 freakin’ X’s! Spectacular!

I was out today with the RAW HM1000x .22 HP. Igolfat8 was in my mind, and I said, “Tommy, how hard can this be for Pete’s sake??” I was about to find out.

Very little wind, and I was not going to use flags. Then Joe F’s words came to mind. “Use those flags.” “This was the day, I kept telling myself.” By the time I deployed both flags, wind came up. “Sh$& !”

Shot a 192 and 196, not even close Tim! My wind holds changed three times, which is never good for me. Reason - it means I had three shots ( 7’s or 8’s) that forced me to figure out the next hold.

Send that magic dust my way. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT
Tom, attached is my entry for the .22 PCP class. I haven't shot this particular gun in probably eight years and found it to be empty after pulling it out of the closet. Aired it up and shot a 200-16x with JSB 15.9's, pulled the shroud and switched to 14.3 JSB's and shot the attached 200-20x on the second card. Now, I need to reseal the gun due to a slow leak.

The conditions were excellent with light breezes between 10 and 1 o'clock and the temp. was 82 degrees.
Marvin

IMG_1722.JPG

I went to the local copy shop and had some copied on card stock (man have the prices gone way up). But anyway why does this pdf come out way lighter than others?
Hello rc4fun,

If your original printout from my pdf file is good and dark like you see here on the Forum, then I suspect it was from the copy machine that you used. If you do this again I suggest that you make just one copy to "proof" the copy machine before making a lot of copies.

ThomasT

I thought Tom or perhaps someone else revised the earliest target and it was lighter in color density than the original?
Hello igolfat8,

This is the revised pdf file that I made for Tom many months ago. If you look at the copies that everyone is sending in, they are clear and dark. Look at how dark Marvin's copy is, this is the current pdf file and this is how it should print out. I suspect that the copy machine that @rc4fun used had the toner turned down too much.

ThomasT