• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30-Yard Challenge

I thought that I was a better shot than this.... 😬😆

Top left was my sighter being it was the first one shot. I just went with it and made my adjustments along the way. Hope to do better next time I shoot it. It was fun!

Daystate Huntsman Regal
Leupold 3-9x33 duplex
JSB 10.3

187/200 5X

15FC3D17-F837-4A8B-9E89-D815C32D845D.jpeg

FD6BC698-9C53-46F4-A621-BDCCE0613F8C.jpeg

8541B38A-3B74-47C0-907E-1B1FD75EE0B5.jpeg

I thought that I was a better shot than this.... 😬😆

Top left was my sighter being it was the first one shot. I just went with it and made my adjustments along the way. Hope to do better next time I shoot it. It was fun!

Daystate Huntsman Regal
Leupold 3-9x33 duplex
JSB 10.3

187/200 5X

View attachment 279947

View attachment 279948

View attachment 279949
Hello Greemarrow,

It has been stated here on this thread before, that shooting paper targets will improve your accuracy.

ThomasT

Here is my first card shot today. I used my bsa scorpion se .177 10.3 gr JSB. I was holding for .5 moa for wind on many of the shots. The one really bad hit on box 3 must have been a bad pellet. Theres a couple hits I put question marks by and one that looks like its one number under but sitting a pellet over the hole looks like it would have to be a 9 not an 8 and the paper just didnt cut clean. I took out a pair of for sure 9’s so my final score should be within 1 of what I came up with if the hits are counted different. Let me know if you would score any of the hits differently. A wad cutter and heavy card stock would help but I dont have any heavy paper.

View attachment 279879

Looks great. I would have scored it the same.

Reactions: LDP
Thanks Tim. Interesting information, and helpful to know ring sizes. Nice to have some hold off information, even if this was meant for RF.

Leland - good first card!

Anytime I hit 190 or greater in wind, I’m happy. You can use a .224” scoring plug, which will help. You can buy your card stock on Amazon.

Reactions: ThomasT and LDP
I clip them onto a cardboard backer but it was getting pretty shot up so I changed it today. I actually taped it today so I could rotate the pellet trap and shoot the targets in numerical order. I also put a sighter string of targets alongside of my scoring target and used it to get a feel for how much to hold off for the wind. I was using my new wind flag today and it helped, usually. You will see some kind of wild left shots on this target. That happened when the wind flag seemed to reverse it's message but the wind had not really changed. I may have to move the wind flag. But I also got way more Xs than I have before. This is my 4th target with my P35 in 22. If I can get to reading the wind I may score pretty well with my little sub $500 gun with it's sub $200 scope. I think this is 191 with 13Xs.

191 13X.jpg

It seems I'm getting worse now. I shot today partially because the wind seemed really low. But that also let my wind flag swirl around changing directions. Anyway, I shot a 187 4X and then a 181 3X. Served to confirm my theory that I should probably stop with one target, my concentration seems to fall off on the second. Maybe a little bit of pretty steady wind is better than nearly no wind that is changing direction a lot. Or maybe I just had a worse shooting day.

Attention Shooters: After a lot of requests, let's mix up the scoring leaderboard. We now have four categories, listed out below. Any card submitted after 8/1/22 will be entered into the leaderboard. As a reminder, no need to count XX's anymore. Let me know if anyone has scoring questions, after you review the first post.

leaders v2.png

Reactions: ThomasT and DMS
I'm OK any way you want to rack up results although I like being able to see what other people are shooting. I'd even like to know their projectiles (but it appears early targets did not include that). I don't think I deserve any special consideration because I shoot a less expensive gun, I just like it when something cheaper can keep up. I think there is an Avenger with a score much better than mine. I think the odds of getting a "shooter" certainly go up with certain brands that cost more. I hope to have one of those some day but I would also hate to be diappointed in spending three times a much to get a gun that shoots worse than my P35 in 22.

I think the score on one of these targets is a better indication of an airgun's capability than it's group size. What we really want to know is if the gun will hit what we are shooting at. It's forcing me to learn something about allowing for wind.

Hello Tom

Thank you for taking the time to offer this new challenge, this should entice more people to join in on the fun.

Here is my .22 cal entry that I shot today. As shown on the card, I used my RAW HM1000X .22 cal with JSB Jumbo Monster Redesigned 25.39 pellets. I shot a bunch of paper and this was my best, so now I'm off to print more targets :cautious:.

ThomasT
RAW 30 Yard.jpg

Last edited: