30-Yard Challenge

I've never used any JSB pellets in my P35-177. Maybe I should sometime. I did try some in my P35-22 and it shot 18 grain well, didn't try the heavier ones, but it shot 21 grain H&N Baracuda Match a little better at 30-35 yards. 25 yards they were equal. I also tried JSBs in my P35-25 but H&N shot better in it too. So I just basically assumed the 177 would prefer H&Ns. I'm getting a little under 900 fps with the 10.65 so velocity with 13.43 should be useful.

Reactions: ThomasT
It is great to see the Leaderboard growing.

leaders.png

Shot (3) 30 yard challenge cards with the Revere, but could not manage greater than a 195-11X. I think I have a higher card already for the Revere, so none of these are for submission to the leader board.

As I was leaving the range, I moved my target back to 50 yards and shot an N50 card with my Anschutz .22 64 MPR ( 244-6X) using Eley Match 40g Ammo. Wish I could shoot the air guns as well as the .22 LRs, but I do like each. The .22 LRs stroke my ego better! :)

The N50 rules allow for a .35" scoring plug, which really helps!

IMG_8272.jpg

IMG_8273.jpg

I finally got an opportunity to shoot my 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th 30 yard targets for 2023 yesterday. Attached is #6 as my entry for the challenge. I really thought I had a 20x card but the magnifier made 11-a a questionable call so, I went with a ten.

View attachment 336971
Is the grey dot an X, or the black dot in the middle an X? Please clarify? I may be doing a lot better than i'm thinking i am...

Shot (3) 30 yard challenge cards with the Revere, but could not manage greater than a 195-11X. I think I have a higher card already for the Revere, so none of these are for submission to the leader board.

As I was leaving the range, I moved my target back to 50 yards and shot an N50 card with my Anschutz .22 64 MPR ( 244-6X) using Eley Match 40g Ammo. Wish I could shoot the air guns as well as the .22 LRs, but I do like each. The .22 LRs stroke my ego better! :)

The N50 rules allow for a .35" scoring plug, which really helps!

Nice shooting with the Revere. My Regal is the same - it shoots 193+ most every time with JSB pellets straight from the tin. Just doesn’t throw flyers. I think its the rifle that can get me a 200, lol - if I don’t choke when I know I’m close…

Reactions: tommyb
I think it's all about wind-though having a bipod and better squeeze bag would help me stay in position better. I'm shooting off bags and having to scrunch around a lot to get on target. Conditions were good today, I had time for one card, tied my previous top score with a 198-15x.
This is fun!
DSC_6431.JPG

So it appears I need to buy another PCP rifle, as that is what we do, right? Which of these do you all think has a better chance of shooting a 200 score?

A) FX Panthera 500 .177 (shooting pellets, not slugs)
B) Air Arms S510 XS Ultimate Sporter .177
Hello @tcarlson777

A) (y)

ThomasT

Reactions: tcarlson777
Today I got “official” .177 & .22 scoring gauges from Freeland Sports.

This might help me, lol. I tended to be very conservative scoring.

My best score I’ve posted-197 , was actually 198 as per the picture.

The magnifier is cool!

View attachment 339686

View attachment 339687

Ed,

“198” pretty darn good!

I just ordered the .22 scoring plug too, after seeing your post. The shipping costs more than the plug. 😀