30-Yard Challenge

Well fast is not my impression. I've been working on this for 4 -6 months, on & off.
[

Maybe, but a 196 is a great score for this 30-yard challenge. Whether you have shot your first card yesterday, or working on it for 4-6 months on and off.

Pellet testing and tuning is akin to the ‘thrill of the hunt.’

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT and rc4fun
[

Maybe, but a 196 is a great score for this 30-yard challenge. Whether you have shot your first card yesterday, or working on it for 4-6 months on and off.

Pellet testing and tuning is akin to the ‘thrill of the hunt.’
I agree with @tommyb , any score of 190 or higher is a GREAT score. This is a hard challenge and a very slight miss from the 10-ring will get you a "9" . However look what a great shot you did make even when it is a "9". Really that is a big part that makes this Challenge so much fun....it's a CHALLENGE.

ThomasT

Reactions: rc4fun
Weekly update. Still looking for a Panthera to show up. . .

leaders.png

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
I’m still getting used to my new Thomas benchrest set up BUT I did have a good target yesterday. This gun is so precise,I am re learning good bench technique and form. It paid off and I look forward to much more FUN!

View attachment 335868

Another .177 posts a ‘200.’ Congrats - great marksmanship!

I shot just one card today with my Daystate Huntsman Regal .22 (unregulated).

I submit this 196 for the leaderboard (to replace my 193 with this rifle).

This is my highest score to date with any of my rifles. I only shot about 5 cards with this Huntsman. Its scary accurate, I’ve got to start shooting it often - it may get me to 200!

4FC25875-3D28-40EE-B395-E9C7AF968A20.jpeg

I finally got an opportunity to shoot my 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th 30 yard targets for 2023 yesterday. Attached is #6 as my entry for the challenge. I really thought I had a 20x card but the magnifier made 11-a a questionable call so, I went with a ten.

View attachment 336971

Marvin - great card. I don’t think you have posted anything less than a “200” yet on this challenge. If I got a 200 with any amount of X’s, I would be ecstatic.

I shot 3 cards today. Two were with my Weihrauch .22 HW110. I just installed a 410mm barrel on it - it has less than 150 shots on the barrel counting today’s 2 cards.

I couldn’t get the 600mm barrel to shoot consistently after I tuned the HW110’s power way down. The little 410mm barrel is a laser at 730 fps with lightweight JSB RS 13.43g pellets. I’m thinking I will be able to get the HW110 up to 195 or better with this new barrel and low power tune. Submitting this 190 with 10x (the other card was 185). 1st submission with the HW110.

Because it was a still afternoon wind-wise, I also shot 1 card with the Huntsman Regal. Inching closer to 200, lol. I’ll submit this 197 with 11x - shot in fading light. It may actually be a 198 - target 12 I marked a 9, but may have caught the edge of the 10. Wish I could have my 2nd shot on Target 9 back - I had an X on the 1st shot.

9E589915-DD36-41AD-BA9B-3C8DDD255304.jpeg

795B1149-56F3-4B08-A0F0-F2366556C40E.jpeg

B69DC2F5-82C5-4B83-9D55-9F900A3FD487.jpeg

I starting shooting these targets again yesterday but have nothing to post yet. I think I have decided the pellet for my 177, however. I posted a 184 with both H&N Baracuda Power (copper plated) and Crosman 10.5s last year. I shot 4 targets with the Powers this year and the best was a 176 4X. The wind is not bad but it is not still either. Then I shot one with H&N Baracuda Match and shot a 187 8X. Beyond the score difference I was getting occasional somewhat wild shots with the Powers that did not happen with the Match. I recently reviewed shot strings with both and noticed the ES was a lot better with the Match. So I think I will shoot a few more with the Match and see if I can't get this gun over 190. All the good 190+ targets are inspiring.

I starting shooting these targets again yesterday but have nothing to post yet. I think I have decided the pellet for my 177, however. I posted a 184 with both H&N Baracuda Power (copper plated) and Crosman 10.5s last year. I shot 4 targets with the Powers this year and the best was a 176 4X. The wind is not bad but it is not still either. Then I shot one with H&N Baracuda Match and shot a 187 8X. Beyond the score difference I was getting occasional somewhat wild shots with the Powers that did not happen with the Match. I recently reviewed shot strings with both and noticed the ES was a lot better with the Match. So I think I will shoot a few more with the Match and see if I can't get this gun over 190. All the good 190+ targets are inspiring.

Jim, what .177 air rifle are you shooting?