• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30-Yard Challenge

Hello @tcarlson777,

Wow congratulations on the new Crown, you are going to really enjoy shooting that rifle. You are a lot closer to a 200 than the 193 is showing, a little fine tuning maybe and you getting to know the gun better is all that is needed.

It is fantastic how may people have entered this challenge and submitted their cards. I hope it has doubled by the next update.

ThomasT

Spent a very windy day with Flytraps. During our breaks, waiting for the wind to relax, we changed my Impact's barrel. It made a remarkable difference. I have hope for continued improvement.
20220918_223155.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy!

Here are my entries. The first day I shot 179 was my best of 2 cards.
The second day I made several adjustment to my hold and had a much better score showing positive improvement.
195 was my best of 2 cards.
There will more practice this week for the FT competition at the Texas Airgun Show. I hope to break 200 today or tomorrow (y)

Kral Puncher Breaker .22 179.jpg
Kral Puncher Breaker .22 195.png

Hey gang,

Went to the range today and shot four cards; two with FX Royale .22 and two with RAW HM1000X .22 HP. Little to NO wind, perfect conditions. No flags needed.

I have a Leupold 6.5-20 X 40MM AO scope on the Royale. Great duplex reticle and perfect for 30 yards. This is my backyard squirrel gun, and looking thru the scope, I thought I hit a 200. I was wrong :cry:

I will submit two cards for a leaderboard update, see below.

RAW - 199-12X ( check out box 7, right target ). Ouch - that hurt. This was the closest I came to getting a 200 with the RAW. Someday, it will happen.

Royale - 197-14X

Thanks, Tom

IMG_7027.jpg

IMG_7028.jpg

Hey gang,

Went to the range today and shot four cards; two with FX Royale .22 and two with RAW HM1000X .22 HP. Little to NO wind, perfect conditions. No flags needed.

I have a Leupold 6.5-20 X 40MM AO scope on the Royale. Great duplex reticle and perfect for 30 yards. This is my backyard squirrel gun, and looking thru the scope, I thought I hit a 200. I was wrong :cry:

I will submit two cards for a leaderboard update, see below.

RAW - 199-12X ( check out box 7, right target ). Ouch - that hurt. This was the closest I came to getting a 200 with the RAW. Someday, it will happen.

Royale - 197-14X

Thanks, Tom

View attachment 290932

View attachment 290933
Hello @tommyb,

I know that the photo is not as exact/clear as your actual card but it looks like your hit touches the line. Either way it is a great card (y) .

ThomasT

Reactions: JimD
Hello @tommyb,

I know that the photo is not as exact/clear as your actual card but it looks like your hit touches the line. Either way it is a great card (y) .

ThomasT
I double checked with my iPhone. Snapped a picture with .224" scoring plug from Mike N, and unfortunately it wasn't that close. If you zoom in, you can clearly see I did not hit the line. Thanks anyway.

p.s. I have noticed that the iPhone photos do not show exactly the way it is actually represented on the card also. Pretty close, but not always exact.

IMG_7030.jpg

Update: The Leaderboards will be reset after this Sunday, so get some shooting in this week. The new leaderboard will incorporate a few new groups requested by members and will run from Oct. to Nov. More details to follow. As always, if you have an idea to improve our challenge, send me a PM @tcarlson777.
Thanks Tom, and like others have said, thanks for all the work behind the scenes.

Little did I/we know back in March that there would be so much interest in a “non standard” bench rest virtual challenge at 30 yards. Mike (CC) created a virtual EBR back in 2020 at 100yards. Mike N created the “”in the rings” 100 yard challenge for airguns and slugs, and .22 rim fires; and the more formal N50 matches.

I know there are several others, but I think all of these collectively keep the hobby interesting and challenging.

Reactions: ThomasT
I shot a couple cards today. I did a video of the second.

Tx200 in .177 (stock springer)
AA Field Heavy 10.3
Mueller 40x56
Caldwell Rock BR Rear & Protekor #13 Rear
Creaky Wooden Bench
80°F, Partly Cloudy
Wind 3 to 22mph from 6 to 3 o'clock
I generally waited out wind.

Score 183 scored with ARA .22 plug.

I can supply any plug photos upon request. Video to follow.

20220922_195344.jpg

I shot a couple cards today. I did a video of the second.

Tx200 in .177 (stock springer)
AA Field Heavy 10.3
Mueller 40x56
Caldwell Rock BR Rear & Protekor #13 Rear
Creaky Wooden Bench
80°F, Partly Cloudy
Wind 3 to 22mph from 6 to 3 o'clock
I generally waited out wind.

Score 183 scored with ARA .22 plug.

I can supply any plug photos upon request. Video to follow.

View attachment 291850

Here is the video of this one complete with the wind and Beeswax.