• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30-Yard Challenge

I had other targets printed on the same machine and paper and they came out black. Also... it probably doesn't matter for this but I shoot landscape L to R so my drops are in different order, should I change?
I'm using the one on page 1.
Hello again rc4fun,

Can you upload the file that you printed out to use to make copies? Everyone is using the file from page one and as you can see they are dark, ?? not sure why yours is not printing?? If need be I can email you my original pdf file, please let me know, my email address is in my profile.

As far as the order to shoot, the important thing would be to shoot each "section" in order. What I am saying, is shoot both rings in Section One in order. I would not shoot one ring in Section 11 and then shoot another ring in Section 9.

ThomasT

Reactions: rc4fun
I could not find a 25 scoring plug so I epoxied a toothpick to a 25 caliber pellet and I push it through to where the skirt is at the paper to check close shots. Not nearly as nice as a scoring plug but better than just using a pellet for me.
Tom, attached is my entry for the .22 PCP class. I haven't shot this particular gun in probably eight years and found it to be empty after pulling it out of the closet. Aired it up and shot a 200-16x with JSB 15.9's, pulled the shroud and switched to 14.3 JSB's and shot the attached 200-20x on the second card. Now, I need to reseal the gun due to a slow leak.

The conditions were excellent with light breezes between 10 and 1 o'clock and the temp. was 82 degrees.
Marvin
Really accurate shooting Marvin. I don’t think you have submitted any “non-200 scores yet.” You have a keen eye for that 10 and ‘X’ ring!

Tom

Reactions: ThomasT
Here is my 1st entry. Having never scored before I started off conservative then looked again and changed a couple. And next is a look at targets showing the difference in darkness. They are out of order!
20220916_100015.jpg

20220916_100705.jpg

Reactions: JimD and ThomasT
Really accurate shooting Marvin. I don’t think you have submitted any “non-200 scores yet.” You have a keen eye for that 10 and ‘X’ ring!

Tom
Hello @tommyb,

Well you and I must be doing something wrong....... I shot almost 100 targets before I got my 200 :confused:

ThomasT

Tom
Hi Tom, you are correct, I have only submitted 200 scores, so far. The .177 PCP scores shot with my Thomas HV I submitted were just to improve on a previous card and all others were just added to the pile. I have participated in the 25-meter air rifle benchrest game since the first sanctioned match was shot at Berryville, Arkansas in February 2008 so, I probably more experience than most of the individuals participating in the 30 yd challenge. Also, the Thomas is equipped with an exceptionally good barrel when paired with the right pellets. A 45x45 Leupold definitely helps old eyes see the X-ring and probably the biggest factor is all of my years spent learning to read my wind-flags.

The 200 cards I submitted for the sub-$800.00 class and the .22 PCP class both came as pleasant surprises as both guns have seen extremely limited use over the past several years. I do have a couple of non-200 cards to submit shot with other rifles.
Marvin

IMG_1731.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

Reactions: drpietrzak
I just realized this challenge had a springer class. I found a sheltered place on my range and shot this in a 20 mile an hour wind just to get on the board. Plan on doing better when the wind subsidesView attachment 290414

Nice. I gat a later start and could get a 156 but not higher so far. Maybe later today when the wind calms.

Reactions: UncleB
Hi Tom, you are correct, I have only submitted 200 scores, so far. The .177 PCP scores shot with my Thomas HV I submitted were just to improve on a previous card and all others were just added to the pile. I have participated in the 25-meter air rifle benchrest game since the first sanctioned match was shot at Berryville, Arkansas in February 2008 so, I probably more experience than most of the individuals participating in the 30 yd challenge. Also, the Thomas is equipped with an exceptionally good barrel when paired with the right pellets. A 45x45 Leupold definitely helps old eyes see the X-ring and probably the biggest factor is all of my years spent learning to read my wind-flags.

The 200 cards I submitted for the sub-$800.00 class and the .22 PCP class both came as pleasant surprises as both guns have seen extremely limited use over the past several years. I do have a couple of non-200 cards to submit shot with other rifles.
Marvin

View attachment 290354

View attachment 290355

Marvin
Thanks Marvin for the background. That does help explain your excellent shooting.

I.e., Great barrel, fantastic Leupold 45x scope, years of 25M BR experience and excellent “wind reading skills.” This sounds like a great combination and applies to all Bench rest disciplines that we are all chasing and trying to achieve.

Getting the consistent “200” scores is amazing enough hitting all ‘10’s, but the truly amazing thing to me is doing it with so many X’s. I.e., 18, 19 and 20 “X’s” is really hard to do.