30-Yard Challenge

Thanks guys, I do plan to keep trying. Much more fun than trying to shoot tiny groups, I'm curious how high of a score the leshiy can get, if I'm performing at my best.

A helpful aid in scoring is to use a pellet skirt down. Center it on the hole and see if it cuts the line of the next higher circle. I saw several instances where you could have taken the higher number. I’m impressed you only have one gun! I have seen a lot of your posts regarding different rifles, so you must sell guns regularly. I’m trying to keep a max of two rifles and it’s not easy.
I will try the pellet skirt down on my next go around. Yes one gun for now, I've tried many many guns and the leshiy 2 ideal for walking around my property. I know 100% I will build up my collection again. Ideally a RAW or fx crown will come next. But gotta wait until I get past the cost of daycare for 2 kids. It's killer!

@mreynolds - Did the plug cover the center dot on both hits in box # 12? If so, those are both XX's. You are a great shot, sir! That is one heck of a card. You are spot on about needing magnification in some instances.
Unfortunately, there is less than 2/1000th inch difference between the hits on the two targets. Under four- power magnification, I could see a very slight edge of the bull in the second target. The plug I am using measures exactly .224". I thought I had it too before using the magnifier.
Marvin

Hello everyone,

I must make this post, it is not intended to offend any member.

First off I request Tom @tcarlson777 to please delete my Card dated 07/08/2022.

1) For any competition to be fair it MUST be on a level playing field, weather it be drag racing, helicopter spot landing or Pellet Target shooting. Everyone is entitled to compete under the same exact rules.

2) You do NOT change the rules after an event has started, period. It is unheard of.

3) The premise that a Two-X ( XX ) system is a tie breaker is false. In a given amount of time you can have multiple competitors with identical scores with any scoring system. Ties are common in most competitive events.

I sincerely appreciate all of the personal emails that I have received and thank you for taking the time to express your views.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

An X in ARA scoring is to completely remove the center dot and is the equivalent of our plugged XX. Here are the ARA’s rules to settle a tie.

17.1.A Competitor’s Score shall be the total points plus the total number of X’s. (ex: 2200-10X) 17.1.1. When the points are equal, the higher X-Count is the higher score.
17.2.In the event of a tie score (total points & total X’s) on an individual target, the winner shall be determined by comparing the targets of the tied competitors. Beginning with Scoring Box 1, find the first shot that is less than 100, this shot will be called the First Miss. The competitor with the latest First Miss will be the winner.
17.2.1. If still tied, continue to the next box on each target that is less than 100. ETC.
17.3.In the event of a tie in overall score (total points & total X’s from all targets), the competitor with
the highest individual score will be the winner. If highest target score is tied, then 2nd Highest Target score will be the winner. If 2nd Highest is tied, then the 3rd Highest Target score will be the winner. ETC. If all targets are tied on score (points & X count), use the “First Miss” method described in 17.2., beginning with each competitor’s highest scoring target until resolved.

If my memory is correct there was a discussion, several pages after this fun competition began, to incorporate XX’s as a means to break an overall score tie, since we were seeing several scores posted that were tied on points and X’s.

Shooters: @ThomasT has brought up a very good point about scoring XX's. I implemented that idea early on at the suggestion of a member for settling ties, and it has been the most confusing rule to explain. Let's drop the XX scoring completely, and I have modified the first post to reflect that change. ThomasT is correct, ties are common and changing the rules mid-stream is confusing.

Let's keep scoring an X as if you touch the center dot.

Lastly, ThomasT, I cannot delete your card dated 7/8/22, but you can. There is a "Delete" button to click on the lower left cover of your post and you can delete the card by clicking on that link.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Good morning Igolfat8,

Right after you invited me to join this group I came to this thread, read the posting and copied the Rules and printed them. I did not and have not read every posting in this thread and until a couple of days ago I had not read the discussion about XX’s.

As I had stated earlier ALL rules should be published and available to every competitor. You are quoting ARA and please note they Include the Rule to settle a tie. The competitors, know before hand this Rule.

I do want my posted comment to turn into an argument, this would not be fair to Tom @tcarlson777.

My personal email address is in my profile.
Have a great day,
ThomasT

Shooters: @ThomasT has brought up a very good point about scoring XX's. I implemented that idea early on at the suggestion of a member for settling ties, and it has been the most confusing rule to explain. Let's drop the XX scoring completely, and I have modified the first post to reflect that change. ThomasT is correct, ties are common and changing the rules mid-stream is confusing.

Let's keep scoring an X as if you touch the center dot.

Lastly, ThomasT, I cannot delete your card dated 7/8/22, but you can. There is a "Delete" button to click on the lower left cover of your post and you can delete the card by clicking on that link.
Good morning to you Tom, @tcarlson777

Thank you sir, I will try my best to shoot another 200 and submit it for a review.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

Thought I would give it a go tonight, my .177 Impact M3 shooting 13.4jsb’s, plugged w/ two different plugs .1980 or .2235 plug scores a 10 #12 scores a 10 or a 9?, we will call it a 199 7x-7xx, ok let me back up here if you need to see a physical tear in the 10 ring then I probably scored a 197 at best.

E105FC57-3F35-4190-AA12-F23A64C529BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks,T I will keep a 199 because I am striving for a better card anyway.
Actually I’m very satisfied with my Impact I didn’t buy it necessarily for target shooting, Ken Hicks set it up for me and I haven’t touched it!
Joe - that .177 Impact shoots well! Not sure why, but I never thought there would be such great accuracy with the .177's at 30 yards. I don't have any .177's but I do follow some of the FT stuff and I do realize how accurate these calibers/brands can be. Amazing how many great scores from different brands in this 30 yard challenge.