30-Yard Challenge

Hello Tom,

Yeah I'm not sure what I did on the first two????? But to be honest I choked on that last shot :sick:. The way I had my scope dialed in was not on the Crosshairs but the first Dot below, that way I could see the Bullseye better. I will keep trying :), this is just too much fun.
ThomasT
ThomasT

Lol it's always us putting the most pressure on ourselves. But you got me thinking maybe I should be trying lighter pellets in my uragan compact. I know it can do better. Then again it's probably all me! Lol

Allen.

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello Allen,

I have been shooting JSB Monster 13.43 most of the time but after polishing the barrel I tested some lighter pellets and the JSB Heavy 10.43 really shot well. I messed around with 6 other lighter pellets today but did not get as good of results as with the two above. I am actually happy with these two but I really enjoy trying as many of the various combinations as I can.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

Holy cow! That Crown is a shooter, awesome job on that card T, that had to be so satisfying! Congratulations buddy.
Hello Dave,
Thank you so much, if it wasn't for your help I most likely would not have purchased this rifle, so thank you again:).

Have a great day,
ThomasT

Reactions: davelarson
Hi ThomasT, I’m so glad you are having so much fun and so much accuracy!
This is a very special sport/hobby that we have here.
And the comradeship that comes out of it is priceless!
I’m going to soon settle in and try for a near perfect card with the .177 RedWolf as soon as possible!
And congratulations on that card!! Wow.

All I can say is you better never let that .177 superior liner go… unless you you give me a chance to buy it from you! I haven’t been able to get a 200 card with any of my RAWS or .177 IMPACT since that first 200?
I do have some pellets that my get me there but those are my 25m stash, and not many left.
Nice card ThomasT.

Does the center black dot have to be totally covered for a XX?

Last edited:
All I can say is you better never let that .177 superior liner go… unless you you give me a chance to buy it from you! I haven’t been able to get a 200 card with any of my RAWS or .177 IMPACT since that first 200?
I do have some pellets that my get me there but those are my 25m stash, and not many left.
Nice card ThomasT.

Does the center black dot have to be totally covered for a XX?
Hello nomojo65,

Thank you, I have no plans of ever getting rid of the Crown, it's too nice of a rifle and it shoots pretty good also.

All you have to do is hit / touch the center Dot the way I understand it. Tom @tcarlson777 will correct me if I am wrong and my XX score will have to be adjusted. To get a 10 or X all you have to do is hit / touch the outer Gray Ring.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

EDIT:
Here are the rules:

Here are the scoring rules:

If the hole touches the next higher ring, score to the higher ring. Use a pellet, skirt down, if the hole is ragged.

To score an X, you just need to touch the black dot in the center. (This is different than the instructions on the bottom of the target, due to us shooting at 30-yards)

To score a 10, you just need to touch the gray ring surrounding the black dot.

Once you shoot all 24 bulls, you get to eliminate your lowest two sets (mulligans) see the target above how I slashed out my two lowest pairs.

Score the remaining 20 targets for a Max score of 200. Also add your X's if you have any.

So a perfect score would be 200 20X. Please post up your scores and what rifle you are shooting. Have fun!!

@ThomasT Looks like the barrel polishing helped. ;)
Hello Cannonball,

It surely did, note that I did not have a single flyer and that made a huge positive difference. I am not qualified to state FOR SURE that a bore polish helps every barrel, but I truly believe it did for my barrel. I shot a bunch of other cards before this one and not one flyer, yes some 9's but that was my error. I'm not sure if this matters, but I ran a bore mop down the barrel before every card.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

EDIT: Cannonball I just posted a new Post about what we are talking about now :)

Last edited:
Hello douger,

OK you have been saying that for a while now, so go shoot some cards and have fun.

ThomasT
yeah havnt been feling the best to sit and be very stable my l-3 l-4 discs are collapsed and sitting still is a real pain, shoot a few targets today but no cards will get some more time in sunday to shoot a few. only got few weeks till i go in for a fusion on the 15th aug- fun fun