30-Yard Challenge

That’s not bad in that kind of wind! Glad you can join the group. A tail bag will definitely help, it improved my shooting immensely as soon as I tried It.
I tried again later, bipod on an old folding card table, used a beach towel to somewhat brace the rear. Up to 183! Now I'm hooked on getting into the 190's. LOL

I thought I'd try this out, and I shot this target today with my HM1000 RAW, standard power .22, with the 18 gr JSB. You will notice a slightly larger hole in the right side of target 11. I loaded a pellet backwards, knew it from the feel as I chambered it. Luckily, the RAW has no breech O ring, otherwise I probably would have ripped it out. In a formal match, I would have burned it and reloaded, but I was curious about two things, would it cut a clean hole similar to a wadcutter, and would it shoot to a substantially different POI. As you can see, the answer to both is yes! I took the liberty of not scoring that shot. I also discovered, you absolutely have to have a scoring plug, especially if using thin copy paper. The diablo shaped pellets just slice through and the paper really closes behind it (unless, of course you shoot it backwards). Anyway, conditions were good and it was fun.

Ed

View attachment 206919
Looks like some pretty accurate shooting to me!

I'm building a shooting bench today. Sure hope it helps my scores, because if I can't get some improvement, I will be forced to buy a RAW!!
Hey Tom,

The bench with some bags will have you shooting 200's on a daily basis :sleep: in your sleep.

Be safe and have a great day,
ThomasT

OK guys I just upped my score by one whole point :). Here is my target with a score of 199, 5XX, 14x.
I have been shooting all day and it is hot, absolutely no wind and yes that is some of my sweat ( or blood ) on the target. I have been testing a bunch more pellets today and spent some time zeroing the rifle and scope with these Crosman Domed Pellets and just shot this target.
Be safe and have a great day,
ThomasT

30-yard challenge target 199 Score.jpg

Hey Thomas

“ God loves the trier.” Old Irish saying, meaning keep trying and you will be rewarded. Ok, no Religion.

Nice card and shooting!,

everyone….have a great Father’s Day and save me some cake!
Hello tommyb:

Thank you, this is just a lot of fun.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

Finally set a new personal best! 199 11x. It took a lot of work including barrel polishing, lightening the trigger, messing with the reg/hammer spring settings. I was about to give up on 18.13 pellets, and started to tune my Wildcat Mk3 for MRDs. Quickly found out that the current hammer spring doesn't have enough mustard to get the MRDs flying fast enough, so went back to my tune for 18.13 JSBs. Decided to shoot one card, as I was down to 150 bar, and scored the 199. Very happy today!

IMG-0180.jpg

Finally set a new personal best! 199 11x. It took a lot of work including barrel polishing, lightening the trigger, messing with the reg/hammer spring settings. I was about to give up on 18.13 pellets, and started to tune my Wildcat Mk3 for MRDs. Quickly found out that the current hammer spring doesn't have enough mustard to get the MRDs flying fast enough, so went back to my tune for 18.13 JSBs. Decided to shoot one card, as I was down to 150 bar, and scored the 199. Very happy today!

View attachment 272384
Hello Tom,

That is some great shooting and a nice looking card. Looks like your polishing work paid off :)

ThomasT

Reactions: douger
Hello Tom @tcarlson777, I submit a new card for the 30 Yard Challenge, no it is not a 200 but man I got oh-so close this time with a 199 and 18-xx, 1-x. The new Polished Bore on the FX Crown MK II loves a new pellet and to no surprise, it is the JSB Heavy 10.34gr. I am so pleased with the improvement that the polishing work on the bore has shown :)

Have a great day,
ThomasT

New 199 July4-2.jpg

Reactions: qball and douger
Nice card, @ThomasT! That is as close as you can get to a 200. After the first four shots you were on fire. That last 9 (12 Right), assuming you shoot down and to the right, was a heartbreaker 9.
Hello Tom,

Yeah I'm not sure what I did on the first two????? But to be honest I choked on that last shot :sick:. The way I had my scope dialed in was not on the Crosshairs but the first Dot below, that way I could see the Bullseye better. I will keep trying :), this is just too much fun.
ThomasT