30-Yard Challenge

Wow! Two 200’s is fantastic shooting way to go Tom. This is a very fun challenge. I’m going to rescore my card using the .22 plug and see if I got a higher score. Yesterday I tried it with my Rapid .20 and did very well.
There’s less wind today supposedly so at break time I’ll see if I can get a 200 card. AZ is just finishing up my RAW .22 and I’m looking forward to trying it for the challenge too.
tcarlson777 thanks for thinking of this!!

Reactions: tcarlson777
Thanks guys. Still trying to do this with a .22, which has escaped me so far.

Dave - it is fun and I think you might plug to a 199 or possibly 200 when you re-score. What is AZ fixing/ tuning with your RAW?
A short time ago AZ called me to see if I was interested in a RAW that he knew was for sale.
I was, and long story short I went for it. It’s a .35 caliber rifle and that’s way too much for my use so AZ is putting on an FX superior barrel in .22 caliber and doing his magic to it.
And I’ve requested his quietest shroud, so it should be incredibly quiet too.
It’s going to be long, but it’s a bench rifle so it doesn’t matter.
Not sure when it will be finished, but I’ll definitely post pictures and groups as soon as possible.
I’m very much looking forward to having a RAW again.

A short time ago AZ called me to see if I was interested in a RAW that he knew was for sale.
I was, and long story short I went for it. It’s a .35 caliber rifle and that’s way too much for my use so AZ is putting on an FX superior barrel in .22 caliber and doing his magic to it.
And I’ve requested his quietest shroud, so it should be incredibly quiet too.
It’s going to be long, but it’s a bench rifle so it doesn’t matter.
Not sure when it will be finished, but I’ll definitely post pictures and groups as soon as possible.
I’m very much looking forward to having a RAW again.
I messed up and used the .22 plug instead of the .177 plug to rescore my card lol! So I’m pretty sure I stretched it to a 199 ha ha.
I’m ready to go again with more attempts today. And I’ll use the correct plug this time!
73C89D63-68B0-42AC-B736-E0720F210B61.jpeg

Reactions: oaks1450
I shot these yesterday wanted to see if I scored them correctly. I didn’t use a pellet or plug on the holes, I scored them as is. The Taipan score was my best out of 4 attempts. I then shot the TM1000 RAW once and decided I was done. I also had out my Pulsar but was just adjusting impact for some .22 Hades pellets I was going to use for pest control. I didn’t score it but there wasn’t any way it would have done better than the RAW. That gun is just amazing.
8FA45792-EE10-4310-ADB7-328CD6526307.jpeg
AAA8DC5E-AD94-44A9-A60F-49127F6F67B6.jpeg
C22763BF-03D0-4472-876A-2A68B25AEF2A.jpeg
B705F113-AA1A-447A-945D-02B9CDBC38B5.jpeg
A193FC96-AEDF-4449-B96A-D9FA5AF74D5F.jpeg

Reactions: ThomasT
I wish I would have read this thread sooner. I can't run with most of you but it's still a great way for me to change things up. Tried it for the first time today, 30 yards, 9-10 mph crosswind, on a bipod but just holding the stock butt with my shoulder I got a 175. Couple of bad shots which I tended to rush. Now it's time to improve. Maybe support the rear too to see what I can do. FYI .25 cal Fx Maverick VP>