• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30-Yard Challenge

Never mind. I see what you did.

You removed 4 bulls from the 30y challenge card. I never picked up on that.

Yes, the 30-Masters and 40-Masters cards only have 20 targets.

The 30-Challenge and 40-Challenge cards have 24 targets (you cross out the two lowest scoring pairs as “mulligans”).

-Ed

Yes, the 30-Masters and 40-Masters cards only have 20 targets.

The 30-Challenge and 40-Challenge cards have 24 targets (you cross out the two lowest scoring pairs as “mulligans”).

-Ed
Thanks for clarifying. I did not realize this until now, must have been asleep at the wheel.

Going to focus on the 40 yard ( 24 target ) Challenge card for a while here.

Tom

p.s. Marauder .20 caliber shipped today from AG Revisions. Supposedly, it shoots well at 40 yards with the 15.89 JSB pellet. I also ordered some Rangemaster Sovereign 15.89 from AoA to test those as well. May not get this set up until next week.

Thanks for clarifying. I did not realize this until now, must have been asleep at the wheel.

Going to focus on the 40 yard ( 24 target ) Challenge card for a while here.

Tom

p.s. Marauder .20 caliber shipped today from AG Revisions. Supposedly, it shoots well at 40 yards with the 15.89 JSB pellet. I also ordered some Rangemaster Sovereign 15.89 from AoA to test those as well. May not get this set up until next week.

I’m excited to see how it shoots Tommy.

I don’t believe there is a single .20 caliber rifle on our leaderboards, there are so few of them.

It seems to be a nice fit for 30 & 40 yard distances.

Reactions: tommyb
Shot five 40Y Masters targets today. No wind, zero! It was 28 degrees when I started, so had gloves with finger cut outs that I use for surf fishing on my hands.

I brought the HW100 .22 and the Daystate Revere .22 to the party. The Revere kicked butt, but I expected that. My Athlon BTR 6-24X 50MM FFP is on the Revere and I'm switching the scope around, and taking the Sightron 45X off the HW100. The Revere is just more accurate for these challenges. I find that the reticle is so thick, it buries most of the 10 ring and I can't get precise holds, so off it comes. The one HW100 target was a 180.

I will submit the Revere 193-9X for the 40Y Masters for this week.

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

Shot five 40Y Masters targets today. No wind, zero! It was 28 degrees when I started, so had gloves with finger cut outs that I use for surf fishing on my hands.

I brought the HW100 .22 and the Daystate Revere .22 to the party. The Revere kicked butt, but I expected that. My Athlon BTR 6-24X 50MM FFP is on the Revere and I'm switching the scope around, and taking the Sightron 45X off the HW100. The Revere is just more accurate for these challenges. I find that the reticle is so thick, it buries most of the 10 ring and I can't get precise holds, so off it comes. The one HW100 target was a 180.

I will submit the Revere 193-9X for the 40Y Masters for this week.

View attachment 421735

View attachment 421736

Awesome shooting TommyB !

40-Yard Masters is a “man test” - 193 9X more than passes the test, lol !

Hi Guys,
Shot a couple of cards today with the Crown MkII Nordic Wolf (380mm). Good conditions as it was 42deg and very light winds. The 30yd Masters was OK and I am submitting it - 193-10X. The 40 yd Challange card was not worth writing home about. I think I will switch out the 380mm .177 barrel on this rifle for a 380mm .22 barrel I have. The .22's shooting the 18.1 gr pellets seem to do better at 40 yds. Based on the Leader Board numbers it looks like about 890fps has given good results - Thanks Ed!
Cheers,
Greg
30 yd Masters with NW 380 1-3-24.jpg

Hi Guys,
Shot a couple of cards today with the Crown MkII Nordic Wolf (380mm). Good conditions as it was 42deg and very light winds. The 30yd Masters was OK and I am submitting it - 193-10X. The 40 yd Challange card was not worth writing home about. I think I will switch out the 380mm .177 barrel on this rifle for a 380mm .22 barrel I have. The .22's shooting the 18.1 gr pellets seem to do better at 40 yds. Based on the Leader Board numbers it looks like about 890fps has given good results - Thanks Ed!
Cheers,
Greg
View attachment 421787

Hi Greg,

Happy 2024 - very nice 30-Masters card !

I had almost identical weather conditions in Connecticut today - shot 3 40 yard cards.

I may pick your brain regarding how best to set up power wheel on Crown. How do you determine how much adjustment on the internal adjuster - to maximize the usefulness of the external wheel clicks?

-Ed

I had not shot the Crown in about a week, wind conditions were good today - very mild breeze.

First Crown card of 2024: 195 11X 40-Masters.

(My 5-shot warm up group measured .27” EDGE-to-EDGE @40 yards !)

2nd card was a 193 10X 40-Challenge card.

3rd card was a really nice 198 14X 40-Challenge card.

All 3 cards + sighters shot on a single fill. (245 to 160bar)

Look at the 3 sighters on left of top row on 198 card - they all go through same hole.

This crazy Crown shoots SUB 1/2” groups at 40 yards - consistently.

Yes, I choked on both the 195 40-Masters and the 198 40-Challenge cards on the last row. I knew they were high scoring cards and got a bit excited - tried to stay calm but if I take too long between shots I lose my rhythm.

-Ed

IMG_3611.jpeg

IMG_3614.jpeg

Another card, same conditions. You notice less vertical with the 13.4’s also both of these cards I went straight from my home 70deg. To 30deg. Outside. A little test?View attachment 422458

Nice shooting in the wind Joe.

High 180s @40 yards with .177 in the wind is damn good shootin’ and wind compensatin’

-Ed

Reactions: nomojo65
It’s about the get dicey for us east of the Mississippi with wind and precipitation. Tomorrow afternoon through Wednesday.

Yeah, I retuned PowerPup and was shooting sub-1/2” groups @40Yards in the wind today - awesome tune. But I didn’t bother with 40 yard challenge because wind will definitely throw some 8s your way, you can read the wind, but you cannot beat the wind…

The second card the wind started to switch and become more of tail wind which On my range really causes me problems because it comes up and over my house and neighbors. But the JSB 13.4’s work well and don’t show as much vertical or flyers as the Crosman 10.5’s. And these are the new match grade released a few months ago. “But this is a fun little test or comparison”

The second card the wind started to switch and become more of tail wind which On my range really causes me problems because it comes up and over my house and neighbors. But the JSB 13.4’s work well and don’t show as much vertical or flyers as the Crosman 10.5’s. And these are the new match grade released a few months ago. “But this is a fun little test or comparison”

I shot five 40y regular cards yesterday, but the wind threw too many 7’s and 8’s on some of the cards. Had two 188’s ( 5X and 6X ) with the Revere .22. I finally gave up, but it was good to try out the Sightron 36x fixed on the Revere. Much better than the Athlon FFP.

I finally got my first opportunity to shoot this year so, I decided to also make it my first try at the 40 yard distance. Wind conditions were generally from near calm to 5 mph but, were constantly switching directions with very short seemingly calm periods between the changes. My strategy was to shoot the calms but my reaction times were a bit too slow on occasion as shown on my first target which was the 40 yd Masters card. The third row down proved a bit humbling and quickly convinced me I needed to switch to the 40 yd Challenge card as I was definitely going to need all of the mulligans I could get today.

Scan2024-01-07_205340.jpg

Scan2024-01-07_180635.jpg

I finally got my first opportunity to shoot this year so, I decided to also make it my first try at the 40 yard distance. Wind conditions were generally from near calm to 5 mph but, were constantly switching directions with very short seemingly calm periods between the changes. My strategy was to shoot the calms but my reaction times were a bit too slow on occasion as shown on my first target which was the 40 yd Masters card. The third row down proved a bit humbling and quickly convinced me I needed to switch to the 40 yd Challenge card as I was definitely going to need all of the mulligans I could get today.

View attachment 423243

View attachment 423244

Nice shooting at 40 yards…. Great to see you stretching the legs on that Thomas !