• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

$30 vs $150 scope rings for Airgunners

As far as adjustable cant rings I too like Sportsmatch, its a good design, but I've also had no complaints with any of their rings sets. Even still these are my set minimum to put on a decent airgun.

The FX nolimitsnoworky would "very slowly" fall down over time which took a while to figure out and was also a extremely frustrating experience.

The Eagle Smidgens adjustable were way too tall and a screw broke with "much less" torque than I used on the FX rings and part of the screw still in the ring turned out to be impossible to get out. Basically the metallurgy was brittle and it snapped off like as if it was MIM.

My favorites are ARC rings but man they are pricey. For a decade I've used 3 pairs on multiple rifles swapping back and forth in many scopes while having been all around superb and also don't damage scope tubes. Truly a buy once cry once type of thing.

There is certainly a difference between cheap rings and expensive rings. After spending so much money on a rifle and a scope, its silly to cheap out on rings. There are decent quality rings you can get for "cheaper" but not many. Some of the best rings I have ever used on anything are EagleVision. The difference between amazon rings and good rings can be seen in build quality, durability, ability to hold zero, scope tube stress. But I will add, just because a set of rings cost a lot of money doesnt guarantee they are a match in quality.

I’ve found a really good value set of rings recently. WestHunter Optics on Amazon. They are about 30 bucks a set. These are pretty dang good rings. I was surprised at the quality and have bought several more sets since the first one.
View attachment 180326
Please note the key words, "adjustable height". You cannot cant these. I've got some, they keep the scope off of the ground just fine.