.30 Uragan has landed

No accuracy shots taken yet spent the night putting on accessories and polishing the barrel. I did do a mag worth of chrony data, too expensive to keep shooting just to get a ballpark. Over the 9 shots I got a average of 915fps. 

This is one hefty bitch all dressed up and blinged out! I was shocked how quiet this .30 is out the box in stock form, the quietest 30 on the market by far!!! I mounted a Sumo on it for poops and giggles and thought it was broken as they say...LITERALLY 

I can't wait to test accuracy in the morning shooting 44.75 jsb's. 

GEAR: ATHLON ARES BTR FFP WITH BUTLER CAPS, EAGLE VISION MOUNTS WITH EAGLE VISION ADAPTERS, VORTEX SCOPE LEVEL, DONNYFL SUMO, ACCUTAC SR5 BIPOD, Amazon Special Green 🔦 .. STAY TUNED 

20210226_214827.1614403353.jpg

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
I just got my Delta Wolf in 2 weeks ago and have only been able to shoot it a few times. Thus far, and I hate to say it, the Uragan (.25) is my favorite gun to shoot. I've only put the DW through 1 setting at multiple distances but it's not as smooth as the Uragan. As for reliability, I don't know yet but nothing has been as reliable as the Uragan

Redick, I like everything you've done with this fine AG. May I make a suggestion?

The butler creek lens caps love to break. Vortex makes a very nice long lived set but at 20 bucks each. Oddly, Monstrum, maker of scopes of questionable quality has the same company that makes the Vortex caps make them for half the price. Only bad thing is they have an "M" molded logo on them in the center of the cap. Other than that, very-very similar. Should last a lifetime for what, 9.99 each?

https://monstrumtactical.com/monstrum-tactical-flip-up-rifle-scope-lens-covers/

Knife

very nice !

your going to love it.

i had mine sent from talon tunes directly to Derrick for his power tune

and Huma reg install.

104FPE with jsb 50.15 very accurately. i've taken crows @ 77yrds easily.

i use nicks 47.8gr dbhp's on hogs with awesome results.

debating changing my ronin out for the sumo due to weight difference.

but like you said, its very quiet without any moderator.

enjoy yours !!

URAGAN .30.1614427602.jpg

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Redick, I like everything you've done with this fine AG. May I make a suggestion?

The butler creek lens caps love to break. Vortex makes a very nice long lived set but at 20 bucks each. Oddly, Monstrum, maker of scopes of questionable quality has the same company that makes the Vortex caps make them for half the price. Only bad thing is they have an "M" molded logo on them in the center of the cap. Other than that, very-very similar. Should last a lifetime for what, 9.99 each?

https://monstrumtactical.com/monstrum-tactical-flip-up-rifle-scope-lens-covers/

Knife

Thanks for the tip!

very nice !

your going to love it.

i had mine sent from talon tunes directly to Derrick for his power tune

and Huma reg install.

104FPE with jsb 50.15 very accurately. i've taken crows @ 77yrds easily.

i use nicks 47.8gr dbhp's on hogs with awesome results.

debating changing my ronin out for the sumo due to weight difference.

but like you said, its very quiet without any moderator.

enjoy yours !!

URAGAN .30.1614427602.jpg

Wow 104fpe that's a cannon! I have heard these guns like slugs and I want to try some just to see how well they fly. I'm really a pellet shooter, I don't shoot far usually anyways. Tofazfou has a few good informational video's and states to try slugs. With all the pellet shortages there's basically nothing to shoot except slugs. Enjoy

The .30 Uragan is my next buy, 100% > ugly in pictures but I saw and shot it in person quality is reallllly good. Beautiful workmanship and it does shine in person

The ONLY reason why I have not bought a Uragan in 30 Cal yet is because I alreday have a Vulcan 2 in .30 Cal and I have bottles to refill my Vulcan on the way.

Is very, very difficult to justify paying more for an air rifle that the cost of a Uragan. You will be buying preatty but not better performance.

The .30 Uragan is my next buy, 100% > ugly in pictures but I saw and shot it in person quality is reallllly good. Beautiful workmanship and it does shine in person

The ONLY reason why I have not bought a Uragan in 30 Cal yet is because I alreday have a Vulcan 2 in .30 Cal and I have bottles to refill my Vulcan on the way.

Is very, very difficult to justify paying more for an air rifle that the cost of a Uragan. You will be buying preatty but not better performance.

2 different animals, but nonetheless the same gun

Went out to the field to see how well I could handle 30 beast and my initial thoughts are mixed. I pulled up to my location and saw a few targets (squirrels) out running around. First shot was just off to the left of the squirrels head...Luckily bastard! The impact from the miss on the ground was LOUD I mean this thing is slinging lead literally! The squirrels all took off up the tree after that jet crash landed..lol I proceeded to take aim on the squirrels up the tree and missed and missed and missed again🥴 At this point I want to recheck my zero from all the misses I never miss twice without something going on! I also started thinking it was too much air in the tank which I filled it up to 300b but that couldn't be the issue. It didn't help that my shooting platform wasn't stable (car window) but that's how I always shoot. Well I loaded another mag and took aim on a squirrel who came out in the open on a branch and boom head shot about 45yds away. I saw another squirrel up the tree took aim on it and missed..huh? Now I'm scratching my head. Couldn't figure it out so I went home set out my target in the back to check zero and dead smack in the middle WTF!? 🙃 My conclusion is I need more trigger time✌🏾

Went out to the field to see how well I could handle 30 beast and my initial thoughts are mixed. I pulled up to my location and saw a few targets (squirrels) out running around. First shot was just off to the left of the squirrels head...Luckily bastard! The impact from the miss on the ground was LOUD I mean this thing is slinging lead literally! The squirrels all took off up the tree after that jet crash landed..lol I proceeded to take aim on the squirrels up the tree and missed and missed and missed again🥴 At this point I want to recheck my zero from all the misses I never miss twice without something going on! I also started thinking it was too much air in the tank which I filled it up to 300b but that couldn't be the issue. It didn't help that my shooting platform wasn't stable (car window) but that's how I always shoot. Well I loaded another mag and took aim on a squirrel who came out in the open on a branch and boom head shot about 45yds away. I saw another squirrel up the tree took aim on it and missed..huh? Now I'm scratching my head. Couldn't figure it out so I went home set out my target in the back to check zero and dead smack in the middle WTF!? 🙃 My conclusion is I need more trigger time✌🏾

Even with a good scope an with an extraordinary rifle as yours is, getting the "definitive zero" takes time (days or even weeks) of small adjustments. I have never obtained a "definitive zero" with the first group of shots.

Take that into consideration.

If the scope is new, it is also convenient to dial all left and then all right and return to the middle, also all up and all down and return to the middle. And then start shooting to zero it.

check with bubble levels, one on the top of the scope an one in the rail of the Uragan that the scope is perfectly equally leveled. Other way you can zero it at 50 yards, but the rifle will hit left or right at other distances.