.30 slug shooter

Mikelo123,

The .30 Wildcat MK3 Sniper you sold me is "lights out" at 100+ AND you know how to shot one 
1f609.svg

No brainer.

The bet he has going on calls for not being able to use a brand that him and the other guy already have, so FX not included. 

If they were readily available I’d have gone with a Raptor from JSAR, or one of those WAR platforms. To date, I’ve never heard anything but good on the WAR stuff

Dammit Doc why’d you have to have so many guns, really limits your choices😂

That particular Jager Evo is a proven shooter by the looks of seller’s 75 yard group. Although, I wouldn’t pay $1500 for that gun. I would go with the Edgun instead but then again your taking the slight chance that the barrel it comes with won’t be a good slug shooter, no manufacturer can guarantee 100% that every barrel will be a good slug shooter. That being said if you don’t mind over paying, I would go with the Jager. 

Well guys went with the R5. The seller has numerous post regarding its accuracy with slugs and from our chats he knows his stuff.

Will post some pics when it arrives but is a wood super long tuned to shoot custom 52 grain slugs made by the seller (as well as the 47.2).

I am not a huge Edgun fan but hopefully it can out shoot whatever he shows up with for 15 shots!

Sure wish I could use one of my .30 FX guns as they all do great with Nicks ammo....Heard good things about the 50 grain AVS slugs as well....

Thanks all for the input and will keep you posted.

5:25 A.M. here and was a LONG night at work so bed time and hopefully the pager doesn't go off forget least a few hours!

So it is between two so far...

This super long .30 

D14E33C2-14C5-418D-99B4-89001555CC01.1616360987.1620272256.jpeg

BDD09310-57CD-4644-A642-7F9190FBCA37.1616360986.1620272293.jpeg

C3DEA616-971A-4D4F-BCF7-BEE6AB659E29.1616360955.1620272272.jpeg

and a R5 standard (at the cabin so no pics of that one at the moment)...

From my findings NSA 47.2 at right around 920 fps yields amazing groups, like tightest .30 slug groups I ever shot amazing...

I THINK I am up against an AGT Vulcan .30 (might be one of Centercut's guns)....Could also be a RTI Prophet Performance .30 but won't know for sure until Memorial Day Weekend!

I like the way the standard feels but the Super Long has a lot more room for power for heavier slugs if I go that route (both have a new Huma and plenum installed).....

I did have some custom 54 grain slugs made as well as some 52 and 49 so still have more playing to do but will say these R5 super longs are crazy quiet for the power!!

We shall see....

Still open to ideas for other guns if anyone has one to throw my way....

Dr. Mike 

Airforce I have heard good and bad on and can't take a chance of getting one on the bad end...

The Rain Storm is an option but I owned one and never could get it right....Had it sent to Will Platt and Alan Z. and just never gave me the accuracy I would have expected.

Looks like the R5 .30 and possibly the Jager any others?

Have to get it bought today so not much time.

Nap time finally!!

I had a Rainstorm II in .357 and the same here. Sent it to Will Piatt and still not what I expected. Sold it.

I have the Texan II CF LSS .457 and the Texan II .257 and they are very accurate. My Uragan .30 is also very accurate.

I have a good feeling about it!!

Ha, I bought 3 R5's just to make sure I had a solid sampling! I will say more so than any other manufacture I have used there seems to be a much more defined difference in accuracy with Edgun.

All shot pellets very well but one R5 Super Long definitely out performed the other when it came to slugs and the standard was surprising even at slower speed it groups the 47.2 amazingly well....However at that same speed the Super Long did not group them well at all....Just an interesting observation.

They also seem to need cleaning a bit more than other brands....

Brian at Edguns West has helped out immensely getting them tuned etc. (Derrick I did NOT cheat on you!! I sent you a text but you were busy so had to go to the first runner up)!!

If I could have used any gun it would have been one of my Uragan .30....Something about those guns I just love and they just plain shoot damn near anything you shove down the barrel....