• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

.30 Skout @100Y

My scores were low. Ashland OR has crazy winds. Qual 100Y cards were 213 and 224. That was as the highest aggregate qual score. Final was 217-3x.
It sounds like an excuse but the wind never remains the same more than 2 seconds. I had to shift from tripod and rear rest in qual relay 1 to bipod and rear bag for relay 2 and the Final. The tripod/rear ST rest was too slow. By the time you shot a sighter and came up to the target the wind had changed. Reading the wind flags accurately would require a Cray supercomputer.

Finals pellet card 217-3x (1st) .30 cal AEA 45 grain. See the two 7s and the 6? That’s what happens when you’re holding 1.5 MOA left and the wind switches direction as you pull the trigger. 😞

1715139630542.jpeg

Finals slug card. 232-5x. (4th). .25 Altaros 49.5 grain. Slugs are just sooo much easier. First was 234-5x.

1715139786989.jpeg

Last edited:
That's great shooting in those conditions Mike. Did I read somewhere that you are using FX liners in your Skouts?
Yes. Only one Skout presently. I am using a .30 FX Superior 1:40 twist pellet liner. Nothing special no cherry picked, bought a single liner from UA and that’s what I got. Cleaned it good then installed. I’ll tell you I shot two EFT rounds and three 100Y cards, and the liner still looks like I just cleaned it.