• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning .30 LCS sk19 power wheel settings

Thanks for checking out my thread. I received my SK19 a few weeks ago and it looks like it took a pretty rough ride with the UPS guys. When I received it it had a loose moderator, a gouge on the cheek piece, and the back gauge has a hairline crack. 

Regardless it shoots pretty awesome. I figured the power wheel only had a few clicks to it because I've seen guys only talk about a couple settings and I couldn't find any more details about the power wheel clicks.

I closed the plenum all the way. Several clicks without keeping count. Once you reach the lowest power setting closed all the way, does your rifle power wheel lock at the last setting or does it seem like it would continue to twist more but just break almost? No no more clicks just a weird kind of spongy feeling.

From zero, with the plenum all the way closed, how many clicks does it take to get to maximum power setting (fully open)?

The rifle seems to have a slow leak, a good guess would be around the back reservoir manometer that's cracked. Sometime when I de-gas the gun 100% I'll look into the o-rings and hopefully it didn't get banged up too much somewhere.

I have stronger tupperware containers than the lcs case and yes I'm sure all shipping companies are pretty rough with everything but sucks none the less.

I feel a lot of resistance when turning the velocity adjuster all the way down, in sure it would turn more but I feel like I would break it if I did. Then turning up I counted 60 and stopped it myself cause it was about to come out. Now my actual usable adjustment is in the first 15 clicks from bottom. Then my pellet velocity will max out after that and makes no sense to go higher.

I have the. 22, the regulator set at 150bar and shooting the jsb redesigned 25.39 grain at 920-30 fps. This is at 8 clicks from bottom for me. Unfortunately every click changes my pellet speed like 20 fps which is too much. Would be nicer to be able to fine tune it. If I feel the need for fine tuning I shoot my fx impact.....

My gun came in semi and full problematic haha, I've have more issues with this gun than any other. You'll get it working well then something will happen, you'll fix it and back to sighting it in. I did find a happy place with my gun and it's been running right for a while but it took some tweaking that lcs doesn't show you.

And I've had a couple air leaks too from day one brand new. I did fix them but just like any other pcp with enough time there be more.

Thanks Off_target, that was right on target for what I was looking for! Making sure the power wheel is not broke some way this gives me a better idea.

Any other members, got a factory setting on the clicks? 15 clicks from bottom for .22, anyone got .30 stats? Now I'm curious if they're set up about the same regarding power wheel settings.

12-15 clicks from bottom factoryish? Definitely going to have to get a chronograph!