• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.30 FX Impact vs FX Boss

Any input on this guys?
I'm actually trying to decide between these two guns, comparing the Impact's characteristics as they become available...

I was reading an earlier comment by Micheal that the .30 cal Impact's FPE is about the same as the Boss @~ 80, but what about the report? 

Kip at AOA suggested I fit the Boss with a Huggett moderator to get it as backyard friendly as possible. I'm wondering if that combo is quieter than the Impact?

I should just get them both huh?

Just got an FX Boss myself recently (Kip sold it to me) and I have tried it in my backyard a few times already (yeah I know) - however the "rifle" noise itself is really not loud at all.

But I'll probably stick to my Daystate for occasional stealthy backyard target shooting. The Boss is an absolute HAMMER and that's no kidding!

By far the bulk of the sound is going to be made by whatever that "air bullet" hits.

I also shot it in Arizona out to ~90 yards. Accuracy is incredible with the Boss! (Probably why it wins so many competitions)

Robert

Thanks guys.
Yeah I've gotten in line for the Impact at AOA. I don't have a .30, but I don't have a .25 yet either and with the King Heavy's looking like the magic in the middle... I figured this was the shortest route to nirvana. 

MAN that Boss looks sick though. I know they are really two different guns but... Knowing the difference in report is probably the hardest thing to find out. So of course that's right where my attention goes.