• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

30+ FPE Springer or Pumper?

It appears to me that magnum springers are rough on their innards. I have a Diana 460 Magnum that i've retired - why, well, first off it jars the crap out of me when I shoot it. It's load. It is so powerful that once when I cocking it, it sheared off the pin that connects the cocking linkage to the bolt. I called Umarex and they sent me replacement pins and fixing it was easily. Then, after I fixed it, on my third shoot it broke again! When I got the stock off I was expecting to see another sheared off pin, but no, i found that the part on the bolt that the pin goes through, had broken off. It's is so powerful that I can't get the bolt back to investigate any further. I think the broken part can be replaced - if you can get the darn bolt back, and I can't budge it.

Here's my post about that experience, with pictures:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/diana-460-magnum-broke-again/

FX Indy!!! I have this gun in .25 and it has been rock solid since day one. Bought it brand new from SPAW. Ken went through the gun and kept it for a few days to be sure it held air perfectly and it has since day one. There is a brand new one that popped up here in the classifieds that I believe is still available. I get about 6-7 shots at full power (220 bar) and it shoots the JSB Hades lights out. I freaking love this thing. It's easy to pump, balls accurate, and has great power and back yard friendly!!!! I called all over for one and every dealer said they were sold out. Called FX and they went into the warehouse and found a .25 brand new. Ken had Ernest go through the gun and make sure it held air for almost a week and they shipped it to him and he did the same. Tuned it up, tested a bunch of pellets and sent it out. Ken liked it so much he bought one in .22. You can also tune it down. It has 3 power settings which will give you more shots. I only shoot it at full power. I've taken raccoons, squirels, fox, and rabbits with no problem!!!!!! I have it paid with an Arken SH4 with FX no limit rings. I believe the seller here is TP3Ranch.