30 fpe ". 22 vs. 25

Hey guys just had a question about terminal performance. The gamo swarm mag has about a 28 fpe with certain .22 lead pellets at the muzzle. Similarly the hatsan 125 in 25 cal puts out the same fpe. My question is this what would you prefer and why? I think the 22 would be better for medium sized game because of less bullet drop and all that 25 could be better because it will retain more energy down range. Am i missing anything? 

There is a BIG price difference between the Gamo Swarm and Hatsan 125 compared to the Daystate Wolvering HP

in 177 shooting 30fpe with what I will most logically assume would be the Eun Jin or Seneca 16.1gr heavy domes 

or the JSB Beast 16.2gr for accuracy shooting a 177 at such a screaming hot power level.

I am not sure that is a reasonable option though wouldn't doubt that would do the trick.

I would just use the gun and caliber that YOU CAN reliably hit a 1 inch target the size of a quarter

most consistently at the maximum distance you intend to take your shots at your game.

CA