Airgun Technologies .30 caliber guns

Nice looking guns out of those 2 you like the Uragon better ?
Absolutely thrilled to have them both, never wanted Walnut V3, so decided to buy whichever came "Synthetic" first. Wouldn't you know it, Krale listed both around the same time! Bought U2, couldn't resist V3, so month later took the plunge. Uragan 2 is smoother and quieter, maybe slightly more accurate with pellets, of course it had to go back under warranty while V3 held down the fort. Need a depinger on V3, clang in ear is annoying, U2 doesn't need one. Both have large shrouds so quiet shooters, whisper with AGT moderator, V3 wears it in picture. Silent Thunder Ordnance (STO) High-Flow FALX on U2 does OK, too. WM

Reactions: Str8tshooter
Has any body shot a turkey with an air gun I purchased a .20 gauge from Terry Tate SWA air guns it does great on targets but can’t seem to find any videos of one in action
@Bhuntin The PBBA demo vids I’ve seen are water fowl hunting videos.

AGN member @Steelhead707 is one of the guys to ask about turkey hunting with airguns.

Last edited:
Reactions: MysticalDragon
@Bhuntin The PBBA demo vids I’ve seen are water fowl hunting videos.

AGN member @Steelhead707 is one of the guys to ask about turkey hunting with airguns.

Nice job was that with air shot gun

I've had several .30's but this one so far is doing 90+ yards very well with AVS slugs.. Vulcan .30 700....
IMG_2547.JPG

Guy at air guns of Arizona says there’s a video out of owner dragging evol ,fx,and a third I can’t remember around the woods behind side by side and the evol worked after
Yes. Its by mountain sport airguns. you should watch them. I think its a three part series called airgun survival challenge. The other gun was a brocock.
I have an evol 30, dynamic.30, and a maverick.25. If you want to shoot coyotes, possums etc I suggest get a gun that is slug capable. So far I’ve had no luck getting the evol to shoot slugs well. That’s my only disappointment with it. If I was looking for that I’d go dynamic or AGT.

Yes. Its by mountain sport airguns. you should watch them. I think its a three part series called airgun survival challenge. The other gun was a brocock.
I have an evol 30, dynamic.30, and a maverick.25. If you want to shoot coyotes, possums etc I suggest get a gun that is slug capable. So far I’ve had no luck getting the evol to shoot slugs well. That’s my only disappointment with it. If I was looking for that I’d go dynamic or AGT.
That is a negative about evol they say pellets only but at the same time reports are it’s really good with them but I’m leaning towards Vulcan 3 or uragan 3 like the slug capability

Thanks for info do you have any experience with Vulcan 3 or uragan 3 or do you have a tough .30 you like I’m more of a hunter and just looking for a tough truck gun not a very complicated air gun
@Bhuntin am not a proponent of the .30 caliber. I also hunt. I don’t typically shoot animals at long range, so BC isn’t a big concern for me. I can do what needs doing with a .25 or .357. I’ve shot a .25 at 100 yards and was satisfied with its performance compared the .30. What I found more convincing is when I took some beavers with a .25. I thought about using a .30 caliber on that hunt, but I had a critical bolt that backs out of that gun that I didn’t want to risk losing in the dark so it stayed home. I also get more pellets per tin in .25 as opposed to .30. I get more shots per fill from my .25 as opposed to .30 caliber. So for practical reasons I’m not a big fan of the .30. If I need something larger then I jump to .357. The increase in energy produced between a .30 and .357 is more substantial than the difference between a .25 and .30 caliber. In conclusion, if you’re set upon buying a .30 caliber truck gun, I’m probably not the best person to ask. However, I will say that I’ve contemplated trying a .30 Vulcan or an Uragan, just not enough to rush out and buy one. I can’t say from experience that either are good truck guns, but I think I’d like the Vulcan over the Uragan for a truck gun from what I’ve read.

To answer your question, the Evol is a tough .30 and I have one. For me it’s just not a truck gun. It costs too much for me to knock around and scratch up in the truck. It’s long and I’d rather have a .357 Bulldog in my truck because it can punch a larger hole, I can get a good 5 shots from a single charge (or up to 10 shots depending upon which model and projectile I shoot), it’s also tough and reliable, and I’ve taken larger animals with it. So considering what I paid for both platforms, the Bulldog is a better bang for my buck. I’ve broken parts on the Bulldog and they were cheap and easy to replace. I’ve had an issue with minor parts on the .30 Evol and they were not as easy to replace or remedy.

Reactions: MysticalDragon