In Idaho you can take mule deer with a .35 cal (minimum caliber that can be used for big game, and only as defined by the Idaho F&G 2020 refs), but the .35 cal must have a minimum 350 FPE at the muzzle, and PCP only. 30 cals can be used for varmint hunting and as allowed certain small game.

For my coming Crown Continuum in .22 cal, I am considering getting a .25 cal / 30 cal to have at versatile travel package. I am though not sure what will be better for my needs and long range bench shooting .25 cal or 30 cal. Ammo cost and availability will influence which caliber I get.

Would you say a 30 cal break barrel (Hatsan 130s) has any advantages? It is Much slower than a pcp, but it’s still generating around 34 fpe.

The .30 Hatsan is perfect for 50 yard under hunting. The advantage is no other equipment to take or buy. The recoil on them is less than some other guns, I was surprised at this fact. Probably because they weigh around 11lbs. I have taken a handful of coyotes. 100's of marmot and other smaller species. If you are looking for a .30 without having to purchase the other equipment needed for PCP. It's a good reliable, accurate gun and your only choice. Stock the 130QE has a tiny bit more power than the 135. The 130QE is set at 160bar and the 135 at 150bar. Both mine have been worked on and both at 173bar and average in the 570's fps. Expect around 550fps on a stock gun.

I agree my 130s is pretty awesome. Where did you get it tuned?

I do the work on my guns myself. If you want someone to work on your I would suggest Mike Ellingsworth. He knows Hassan's better than anyone out there. Will take the time and care to deliver you a AAA job.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MsSteppingstone