.30 cal ZAN 56 grain pellets

Anybody have these new magic beans yet that actually bought them? I’ve seen the pre-orders on dealer's web sites but no actual physical pellets yet. It’ll take a strong gun to get them to about 870 fps which should be a good speed. 94 FPE. The “Influencers” and “‘Tubers” of course will either love them or say nothing at all, else ZAN will stop sending them free sh!t. 🤪. Would like to hear from AGN members…

On a slightly different but similar topic, has anyone seen an Influencer or 'Tuber do a bad or even mediocre review in the past couple of years? You'd think all PCPs were tack drivers if all you did was watch YouTube and Instagram...

Also, it should be interesting to see how many Match Directors in April tournaments violate their own rules and allow these pellets to be used, despite the fact they are not yet "commercially available - mass produced" pellets... I’m mainly talking about the inaugural NAC in NH and the EFT GP - 100Y event in Oregon. It'll be a different story once they are available to the general public of course.

Last edited:
Also, it should be interesting to see how many Match Directors in April tournaments violate their own rules and allow these pellets to be used, despite the fact they are not yet "commercially available - mass produced" pellets... It'll be a different story once they are available to the general public of course.
Commercially available for presale counts 🤣

Sidenote: glad I never sold my stx RH/LH twist .30 liners. Never got my hands on a superior slow though.

Commercially available for presale counts 🤣

Sidenote: glad I never sold my stx RH/LH twist .30 liners. Never got my hands on a superior slow though.
Yeah, sure. That makes sense. 🤪 Not.

You can still buy old .30 ST barrels 600mm from AoA. Super slow twist.
As good as these new 56 grain might be, a 0.059 BC is only slightly better than a .25 Heavy…. If I hear “game changer” I just might puke….

Yeah, sure. That makes sense. 🤪 Not.

You can still buy old .30 ST barrels 600mm from AoA. Super slow twist.
As good as these new 56 grain might be, a 0.059 BC is only slightly better than a .25 Heavy…. If I hear “game changer” I just might puke….
Yeah, I have the 1:40 RH and LH twists. I kinda regret selling my .25 ST barrel.

Oh, you know everything associated with the chosen is game changer worthy! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Centercut
As long as they are commercially available or on someone’s shelves a day or two before a big competition, the rules have been met. Unless something in the rules states they had to be commercially available for a certain amount of time. If not, pray for a lightening storm on the first big competition in April to thwart someone’s planned advantage.

Hey guys,

If they are a game changer or not, you will need to find it by yourself.
I belive people and competitions will tell, but for us there is no doubt.

Pellets will be available in the US this coming week(first AOA and UA), so no worries.
And they are already available from today on at Krale, Huma-air shop. Others are getting them in matter of days.

Have a good weekend,
Žan

Hopefully they are as good as I’ve heard. My point is as you can’t tell until you hear from people that actually bought them.

Think about it. When is the last time you saw or heard anyone that got free sh!t saying their free sh!t didn’t live up to the hype? Never?

I do hope their BC is comparable or slightly better than the current high pellet BC of the .25 King Heavy. I like shooting .30 cal and I hope they are awesome. I’m just skeptical, SOME of the reviews are from shooters, some are just from no competition Influencers. ALL of the current reviews are with free pellets.
Anyway, we’ll see soon enough. 😉
I’d like to shoot them in Extreme FT with my .30 Delta Wolf if they perform better than the JSB 50.1. If so I’ll be the first one on here to say so. I have ten sleeves on order for over a month now with AoA.

Just as an example, I’ve heard for quite a while now just how wonderful and amazing the 37 grain .25 ZANs are in Sup Heavy liner at 980 fps. A laser! A match made in heaven!!! Incredible!
Shot them today in my new Superior Slug liner and they were good at 50 and 100, but inferior to the ZAN 41 grain (955 to 960 fps) at 165 yards. And both were inferior to the 49.5 grain Altaros Smooth going 885 fps at ALL ranges out to 200 yards.

Altaros .25 cal 49.5 grain. It’s 20 shots as fast as I could cock, aim, and pull trigger (about one minute-ish) 165 yards, windy, 4” swinger. 15/20 are about 0.86 MOA. Total 20/20 about 1.5 MOA. Prone front bipod, no rear rest.

724E948C-3F86-4F93-B3B3-43A8E17450C0.jpeg

Do you see ZAN fanboys shooting Altaros? Nope. Altaros doesn’t give away free sh!t, so you won’t see the normal ‘Tubers and Influencers shooting them because they’d actually have to pay for them. 🤪

Last edited:
I've had a pre-order with UA for them for a few weeks now. Excited to see what they can do.

My one request to ZANS - and all other slug makers - stop changing your designs. I had a 35gr .25 Zans slug that was a darker color and shot amazing in my Alpha Wolf barrel. Next box they are lighter grey color, a bit longer, and have a different ogive profile. These new ones shoot like poop - was very dissapointing.

Anybody have these new magic beans yet that actually bought them? I’ve seen the pre-orders on dealer's web sites but no actual physical pellets yet. It’ll take a strong gun to get them to about 870 fps which should be a good speed. 94 FPE. The “Influencers” and “‘Tubers” of course will either love them or say nothing at all, else ZAN will stop sending them free sh!t. 🤪. Would like to hear from AGN members…

On a slightly different but similar topic, has anyone seen an Influencer or 'Tuber do a bad or even mediocre review in the past couple of years? You'd think all PCPs were tack drivers if all you did was watch YouTube and Instagram...

Also, it should be interesting to see how many Match Directors in April tournaments violate their own rules and allow these pellets to be used, despite the fact they are not yet "commercially available - mass produced" pellets... I’m mainly talking about the inaugural NAC in NH and the EFT GP - 100Y event in Oregon. It'll be a different story once they are available to the general public of course.

The reviews have gotten to be almost totally useless. Not gonna name any names but I can think of one shooter who probably has done 1721 reviews which always end up the same. You get one cherry picked group and it’s a TACKDRIVER! Or some “trick” shot that took god knows how many takes. If the group or the trick shot is supposed to be indicative of what a gun can do the let’s maybe see it done twice in a row. I’ve had to stop watching because I know I’ll only get to see the data that supports the desired result. Really miss the stuff you got from Ted before he partnered with FX.

Anyone know when the .25 cal 40gr are supposed to come out, at least I was told that @ZAN would be producing these. Would put my huben at 80 fpe with relatively no effort at all. I was going to place a large order for pellets but now I am not sure I want to if these things are going to hit the market.
We never said we will have 40 grain pellets in .25 😅🙄

• Sad
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_