• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.30 cal Uragan..Arrived

20210628_001815.1624854027.jpg

You could clearly see the gap between the shroud and the bottle as it gets thinner to the front .. on the block the gap is like 3/16 but in the front only 3/32.so when you shoot you could hear the shroud taping the bottle..thanks 

i think the bottle is tapered towards the block

As in larger out front to smaller at the block connection? That’s the only way that old have to be on the bottle in order to have the larger gap at the block end. I can surely be wrong, but I’ve never seen a bottle purpose built with a taper. One sure way to check is to pull that bottle guard off and throw calipers on it and measure at least at three points.

Now to me, looking closely at the pic, it looks as if where the bottle attaches to the block, that attachment may be a separate half separate from the block above I wanna is a way that the barrel exits from, and for sure that piece is installed at an angle, causing the bottle to angle upwards and it front. If that bottle connects on piece surely is a separate piece, it needs a whim of some kind to straighten it out. Another her thought is the nipple on that bottle may have gotten bent, like as if the pic rail below the bottle slammed up against it, like maybe during shipping. 

May I suggest that the owner send a pm to either VMAXPRO or Derek why goes by ZX10WALL(I believe). Take a close look up pic of that area around the block, and send it to them to compare against their Uragans.

Those two, boys the way, are the Uragan pros. They both know that gun in and out. 

For the barrel or the slugs? Need just a touch more detail - thanks.

For the barrel. The molly will get into the surface of the bore.

I use a Lyman case lube pad with Superlube silicone grease to lube slugs. Smear the superlube around with something like a credit card and it will soak into the pad in couple of hours. Then roll your slugs on the pad to leave a light film of lube on them.

I shoot the old 66gn NSA slug at 948 fps from my impact and have no problems with leading. The bore is polished with 1200 Grit lapping compound.

For what ever reason, mine arrived with a completely lapped and polished bore. It digest at least 500 slugs before needing nothing more than a dry patch pulled thru. 

I would ditch the heavy silicone grease. We have all tried it long ago that shoot slug and have been for years. 

What we have found that works and works well is simple 10 to 15 wt. silicone RC Racing oil. 

Matt Duber added a touch of Vaseline to his 10 wt and claimed it works wonders. I tried his mixture and it does have merit. 

Heavy grease causes friction at high rpm, or in our case, velocity. Back down the thickness and less leading with occur. Not to mention a far less contaminated ldc.

Knife

For what ever reason, mine arrived with a completely lapped and polished bore. It digest at least 500 slugs before needing nothing more than a dry patch pulled thru. 

I would ditch the heavy silicone grease. We have all tried it long ago that shoot slug and have been for years. 

What we have found that works and works well is simple 10 to 15 wt. silicone RC Racing oil. 

Matt Duber added a touch of Vaseline to his 10 wt and claimed it works wonders. I tried his mixture and it does have merit. 

Heavy grease causes friction at high rpm, or in our case, velocity. Back down the thickness and less leading with occur. Not to mention a far less contaminated ldc.

Knife

I must be using much less of it because my baffles don't have any on them. The case lube pad looks and feels dry after the lube soaks in. I'm not much of a target shooter, I'm just not steady enough now. For the hunting I do this works very well for me. I'm averaging 948 fps with a 66gn slug at 150 bar.

I have been using Frog Lube for my .30 Impact.. Degreased the barrel and gave it thorough cleaning.. Frog Lubed the liner, generously inside and out ,and warmed it up with a hair dryer or heat gun until it melts and wiped the outside of the liner and pulled a couple of patches, but not necessary since shooting will take care of the inside.. I put some frog lube in a empty tin and heat add slugs and roll around.. 

Over 500 shots through it and pulled a patch , hardly even dirty !!