• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

30 cal transfer port on a 22 cal barrel?

I purchased a used 22 cal STX barrel kit for my crown it came with what I believe to be a 30 cal transfer port. The bore measures .22

In the picture the Barrel on the right is my original barrel port, on the left is the new barrel.

Would I hurt anything if I used the barrel this way?

Due to the increased port size could I get higher velocities?

20221223_185814.jpg

Oops I got that one tranfer port wrong its the ER transfer port I can tell as it has the little low power port on the backside. The other thing is the barrel stop slot is longer. It's a bit easier to see with the transfer ports standing on end. My huma port must be on one of the other barrels. Here it is standing next to a old stock fx transfer port. Both 30 cal

20221228_220412.jpg

And the other side...

20221228_221059.jpg

This one below on the very left is the huma version next to the ER version and a stock version.
20221228_221600.jpg

Allen

Last edited:
Yes there is basically no problem with the port size and it will work. But it does look like the barrel pin stop is a bit much.
View attachment 317912

You may have to pull the barrel out a little and re tighten otherwise your magazine maynot fit correctly.

It maybe a older ER transfer port.

Allen
Outstanding. Thank you.
So is the transfer port a slug only port or can I use it for both pellets or slugs?

Outstanding. Thank you.
So is the transfer port a slug only port or can I use it for both pellets or slugs?
I myself use and tune pellets and slugs in the larger port of the two transfer port hole style. I use the smaller hole in weird cases where I do not want to touch the settings but want to pull back power for like some paper punching or close up work. But be aware it will affect your POI if you do flip for one side to the other.

Allen

Reactions: Mcleod