30 Cal Pellets or Slugs for 7 cents or less?

Crosman 177 and 22 ammo can be had for close to 1 cent a piece, just putting it out there.

Yes, I shoot a ton of those! Almost every 22 cal I own does very well with them.

I am specifically looking for 30 cal pellets or slugs. I wish Crosman would make a 30 cal pellet for around 4 cents a shot. If they worked well enough for casual shooting I would probably buy about 10,000 of them.

They are in stock at Field Supply, $8.14 per tin but free shipping on orders of $25. I used to buy the Vortex Supremes from them until they stopped making them. They were great shooting pellets, equal to JSB's. Still have several tins of those. What gun would you be shooting the 30's out of?

Thanks for the heads up! A bit more than I want to pay for them - would prefer under 7 cents as I want to buy several thousand, but might get some to tide me over while searching for that sub 7 cents each price point.

I shot the Apolos in my Gauntlet, Blitz, Prophet 2 and FX M3 all with good results but my main focus is something cheap for the Blitz.

Last edited:
This post right here.🥴
Is honestly (for me) why I'm staying with .177 and .22 for airguns. I looked and found cheapest around 15cents a shot.👀🫠🤯
Any of my bigger needs can be met with a .22PB and on up🤷‍♂️(just personal preference, not bashing anyone)🎩🤙

I mostly shoot the just over 1 cent per shoot 22 Cal CPHPs and don't see any "need" to own a 177 or a 30 or anything else for that matter, but I enjoy shooting the 30 cals, particularly the Blitz and the Gauntlet. and I like the somewhat safer 177 for shooting in my yard plus my 177 Beeman is super quiet.

On the 30 cals, I shoot the NOE cast slugs most of the time and they cost me less than a penny a shot not including my time which I have plenty of. I can shoot the NOE slugs as they drop out of the mold with no sizing or lube. I may try some harder alloy slugs out of the NOE molds, but they will have to be sized. Those will be totally free, from my 30 year stash of wheel weights.

I am going to get a big bore airgun soon, not sure on the caliber, but probably at least 35/9mm and will shoot my own cast slugs in it exclusively at pennies per shot. I rarely shoot my 22 LRs anymore but with the ammo coming down to almost 4 cents a round lately, I may start up again.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I mostly shoot the just over 1 cent per shoot 22 Cal CPHPs and don't see any "need" to own a 177 or a 30 or anything else for that matter, but I enjoy shooting the 30 cals, particularly the Blitz and the Gauntlet. and I like the somewhat safer 177 for shooting in my yard plus my 177 Beeman is super quiet.

On the 30 cals, I shoot the NOE cast slugs most of the time and they cost me less than a penny a shot not including my time which I have plenty of. I can shoot the NOE slugs as they drop out of the mold with no sizing or lube. I may try some harder alloy slugs out of the NOE molds, but they will have to be sized. Those will be totally free, from my 30 year stash of wheel weights.

I am going to get a big bore airgun soon, not sure on the caliber, but probably at least 35/9mm and will shoot my own cast slugs in it exclusively at pennies per shot. I rarely shoot my 22 LRs anymore but with the ammo coming down to almost 4 cents a round lately, I may start up again.
Ok ok when I start casting I'll go big bore😮‍💨😅shouldn't be more than a year or two...🤩😂

Reactions: Geezerhood
Not wanting to pay more than the current price for 22 LR ammo of 4-7 cents per round - for my airgun "plinking" ammo. I found some Apolo 30 Cal Pellets for $6.79 / hundred delivered a while back but unfortunately I can't get anymore at that price....

Is there an offering out there that I am not aware of?

Not going to happen...

The very cheapest .308 is $.09 each plus shipping for bullets, for pellets?

Pellets, $.125 each plus shipping.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Geezer, you might also consider a 30cal NOE pellet mold. I've had a lot of success with those out of my Gen 1 Crown. I just keep recycling what I can collect from my back stops. Once you get past the original cost which will pay for itself pretty quick, you're basically shooting for free.
I was thinking that might be a good option. I have an extra NOA slug mold I could sell to pay for the pellet mold.

@Geezerhood , Have you considered casting your own?

As in Pellets? I am already casting slugs with an NOE 4 cavity. (Yes, see my response jking) Which NOE mold would be the most likely to give good results in a all 3 of my 30 cals? FX M3 700, Gauntlet 30, RTI Prophet 2.