• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.30 cal devastation

Well this one isn't going in my freezer. JSB .30 44gr did this.
1000000581.jpg

Reactions: Scott.t and A.G.R
Well this one isn't going in my freezer. JSB .30 44gr did this.
View attachment 420778

This pest is no more.

Would you have a couple more specs on the shot — to interpret the power of .30cal?
▪ Muzzle velocity = ?
▪ Range (aprox.) = ?
▪ The pellet = the JSB dome — or the Hades?

Thanks! 😊

Matthias

Have you tried the Hades. Sounds like a 22lr when they hit
No, but I've been thinking about picking up a few tins. I'm curious to see what they do to ballistic gelatin.

This pest is no more.

Would you have a couple more specs on the shot — to interpret the power of .30cal?
▪ Muzzle velocity = ?
▪ Range (aprox.) = ?
▪ The pellet = the JSB dome — or the Hades?

Thanks! 😊

Matthias
Yikes. That is awesome. That's some major devistation for a domed pellet. How fast are you shooting them?
▪ Muzzle velocity = 850 FPS
▪ Range (aprox.) = 30 yards
▪ The pellet = JSB Exact domed 44gr

The picture doesn't do this justice. I wish I had a scope cam so you guys could see the cloud of feathers produced by the hit. The entry was in the back and the what is left of the chest is the exit crater. The skin in the sides is the only thing holding the top to the bottom.

No, but I've been thinking about picking up a few tins. I'm curious to see what they do to ballistic gelatin.

▪ Muzzle velocity = 850 FPS
▪ Range (aprox.) = 30 yards
▪ The pellet = JSB Exact domed 44gr

The picture doesn't do this justice. I wish I had a scope cam so you guys could see the cloud of feathers produced by the hit. The entry was in the back and the what is left of the chest is the exit crater. The skin in the sides is the only thing holding the top to the bottom.

Thanks for filling in the blanks. 👍🏼

❓ Have you observed similar hits on previous shots?
Or is this an exception? (How rare of an exception, I wonder?)

Matthias

Last edited:
Most of the breast is probably still OK. But the top of it is probably damaged. Doesn't take a 30 caliber to kill a dove, however. 177 works fine.
No definitely not but man it sure is satisfying to hear that whop when the dirty 30 hits. 😀. Just started shooting a 700 mm impact .30. Took a red squirrel today and the thump was louder than the shot. Crazy power for an airgun. I plan to detune as 115 bar is way more than I need for pellets. I was shocked by this but I only want 44.75 going 850-870 fps and at 115 bar it will shoot them well past 900. Going to cut the reg to 100 and retune hammer.

Reactions: Wr250r