• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.30 cal Delta Wolf tunes?

Since the most knowledgeable people are already on this thread i will ask another question regarding the barrel and shroud if anyone has any input on this. 

I understand the barrel is floating and why guns are made like this. What i don’t understand is why the shroud touches the delta wolf receiver at the connector point for the chrono.

The barrel is counter sunk where the set screw secures the barrel and locks it down, so you have no options on how tight the shroud is pulled into the receiver. I would think you would want zero contact at that point.

On my .30 cal, if you lightly squeeze the barrel and bottle together and let it go, due to the contact from shroud and body of receiver, there is no way it comes back to the same spot everytime. 

That means while hunting, or the gun is handled by the barrel, or any other situation, the poi is going to change. 

Hopefully someone will tell I'm totally wrong but having very small gap at that point seems like much better accuracy could be had. 

The electrical connection is another story. I dont think that connector is tight enough to hold the barrel in any position. I believe the shroud/barrel contacting the gun receiver does. 

The shroud is just like the RW and is held on by 2 grub screws near the receiver. It just slides off. At that point, it is easy enough to use a soft cloth and cleaning rod or similar to wipe the plastic tube clean. I don't use any cleaning fluid, just a soft cloth.

Whitetail... I don't understand your post. The barrel is supported in 3 places by the receiver and the shroud is just a cover. It's not tensioned and has little influence on the barrel. The chrono MUST be connected back to the GCU but that's in the shroud support COLLAR.... not the shroud. There is no similarity to FX and comparisons can't really be made here.

@cmatera.... glad to be of help but it really seems like everyone is afraid to try anything. Btw, the min/maxes are the same for all calibers. You are right... Daystate should at least include this info in the manual. Things are evolving... Hopefully the manual will be a little more helpful soon... but it DOES show how to program it.

Bob

I understand the barrel is floating and why guns are made like this. What i don’t understand is why the shroud touches the delta wolf receiver at the connector point for the chrono.

The barrel is free floating and attached at the one point in the breech and held with the single set screw. The shroud doesn’t touch the breech. There is an electrical connection with 3 contacts but they are spring loaded at the breech end so they do not affect the free floating benefit or function of the barrel

The barrel is counter sunk where the set screw secures the barrel and locks it down, so you have no options on how tight the shroud is pulled into the receiver. I would think you would want zero contact at that point.

The shroud contact isn’t hard against the breech. The electrical contact is with spring loaded contractors so the barrel can flex as necessary. It’s pretty much as if the shroud isn’t at all in contact with the breech

On my .30 cal, if you lightly squeeze the barrel and bottle together and let it go, due to the contact from shroud and body of receiver, there is no way it comes back to the same spot every time.

Mine does as does any other free floating barrel when it is flexed. POI does not change. This isn’t an Impact.

That means while hunting, or the gun is handled by the barrel, or any other situation, the poi is going to change. 

The electrical connection is another story. I dont think that connector is tight enough to hold the barrel in any position. I believe the shroud/barrel contacting the gun receiver does. 

The electrical connection does not serve a support function

I think the “supported by 3 positions in the breech" means the one “hard support” with the barrel attachment set screw, but the other two just limit the amount of movement within the breech. They are not hard contact points.

Man... lot of questions.

@cmatera... it would likely take a LOT of dry firing to get below desired set point, depending on the current fill. Removing the bottle is best and then dry fire to lower the RESIDUAL pressure. I put mine in as gentle of tune as I have so as not overhit the valve as the pressure drops. The point of lowering the reg pressure is to make the tune more on the knee where it is less sensitive to small pressure changes. Hopefully you received more than 1 dowty seal. I've yet to blow one but unscrew it as suddenly as possible. They put an oring in the bottle now, as well as the dowty. Works a bit easier on the new ones. There may be an oring groove in the bottle for that purpose in the older ones. 

The reg min is 90 bar and max is 190 bar... according to Huma.

The voltage min has been different on a couple, but mine is 66 v and max is 88 v. Best not to use max except briefly, per our latest briefing.

The dwell min is 1500 and max is 4000, if memory serves me correctly.

CC... it sounds like the connector at the base of the shroud is misaligned. Mods have no bearing on it except maybe the weight on the end. You might pull the shroud off and loosen the connector block grub screws, then loosen barrel locking screw slightly and set the barrel flange flush with the front of the magazine port, then lock it down. Then do your best to center the connector into it's pocket and hold well as you lock it down. Reinstall the shroud and see if thats better.

I've reached out to Huma about the regs and have had little assistance. Might not hurt for anyone with perceived issues to reach out to them. I've been through it carefully and see no design flaws. The rifle itself nor the tank should have any bearing on the way they perform. Mine has at least 10 k through it in all calibers, possibly double that... I don't count. It currently moves a few bar from full to empty but my tunes make that unimportant. Es over the charge at 145 bar with King Heavies is single digit, including the first shot. Hopefully we can find the reason. In thinking about it, I wonder if the large range of pressure is the base cause. More to test, I guess.

Bob

CC,

Did you get your chronograph problem solved? I am having a similar problem with my DW .25. Chronograph started to be erratic an then “stabilized at 172 FPS. Removed and wiped out the shroud . Problem not corrected. Disconnected the battery and reconnected it. Problem not corrected. Removed moderator...did not correct the problem. ' Will take the DW to my dealer next week.

B87CC835-14C2-4A1E-8F5E-DA69818AB178.1618751003.jpeg
B9C91EEC-B953-464B-A2A9-4AA6E7E2B394.1618751005.jpeg
0B4B1A5D-A4E2-4A69-9481-37E49C2E1FA5.1618751006.jpeg
Maybe i should start a new thread about 100 yard groups, not sure, but i will post this here. 

I shot two 8 pellet groups (jsb 50) at 103 yards in zero wind this morning. I didnt measure them but put my thumb in for reference. 

I will include both groups along with a picture of the advanced setting that i used. Spreads have been less than 5 fps. All 875-880 with this setting shown.