.30 Airgun Penetration at 50 yards into Ballistics Gel

I'm shooting my .30 Flex set for 72-74fpe at the muzzle. The ballistics gel is typical Knox gelatin mixed for a 12.5% ratio (I followed the standard recipe from the 'net, which actually works out to 12.5% instead of the standard 10%, which means this gel is a bit denser than the Alphabet org standard). All shots are from 50 yards. I've tested all my .30 pellets, but because this video was getting lengthy I only showed the 44.75 JSBs. 50 gn JSBs perform the same. 

The main thing I want to show is how the skirt of the pellet becomes a cutting edge as it passes thru. The wound channel looks like a boat prop cutting thru water. I'm not sure I've heard of much discussion before in airgun hunting circles about how a pellet's skirt cuts as it passes. 

Reactions: Kaan
very detaild and informative if you do another video like this i would like to see the results of the same tests but with a rack of pork ribs or shoulder blade with a layer of rabit hide or pork skin on it. i think the .30 would go clean trough the skin and bone and penetrate the gell but not as deep but the pellet would probably be deformed and wound chanell might be even more devistateing just a thought