• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

3 Weeks With the FX Wildcat MKIII Sniper .25 Accessories, Mods, Tune, & Accuracy

Joe, congratulations on your mkiii! It’s a beaut and shoots like a dream with FX’s new barrel! Enjoy all of your guns now with the new barrels!

Thanks Ranchibi!

Owning a WC MKII, I really notice the improvement in this MKIII model Wildcat. The omission of the previous magazine system really improved the cocking smoothness, there is just less gadgetry going on in the breech. I also notice that FX has greatly improved the tolerances of the way all the parts seem to fit, it’s very solidly put together (no rattling). Almost too easy to tune as well.

The only negative IMO was the regulator gauge which has bar pressure markings every 50 bar. From 0, 50, 100, 150, 200, to 250 bar? I can’t precisely set my AMP regulator with those increments. With a gap from 100 to 150 bar you can’t really know where it is set, it would only be a guess. So, I replaced them with better marked and better quality gauges.

Just one question, where did you find your single shot tray? I haven't seen one that I was sure would work in my gun yet, and the dealer had no idea when one would be available for this gun.

Thanks in advance!

The eBay special, the single shot tray is from a good guy on eBay who 3D prints and sells them. It is actually for the FX Crown or Dreamline. I helped him develop them back in 2017 for the original FX Crown. They fit and work flawlessly. Luckily the New WC MKIII and the Crown and Dreamline’s side-shot magazine are the same, so they are interchangeable but caliber specific.. I have them for all of my FX’s. For target shooting I almost exclusively use a SST.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192546390608

1591045611_9354887785ed56debad1ed5.75524765.jpeg

Another awesome post Joe and gun. 
Butch

The real winner winner chicken dinner is the Superior STX barrel! IMO, FX designed a liner that is truly good with pellets and slugs. I don’t know if a lot of people realize this...

I dropped a 600mm Superior STX liner in each my FX Crown and Wildcat MKII both in .25 and they are also lights out with pellets and slugs...

truth...

I was just about to ask if you used the superior standard liner. Quiet impressive you was able to get that good group with the NSA 33 grain, in the same liner. Guess in the past you needed a slug liner to achieve that. It looks close to a tie at 100 yards between the JSB heavy, and the 33 grain NSA:)

Joe, congratulations on your mkiii! It’s a beaut and shoots like a dream with FX’s new barrel! Enjoy all of your guns now with the new barrels!

Thanks Ranchibi!

Owning a WC MKII, I really notice the improvement in this MKIII model Wildcat. The omission of the previous magazine system really improved the cocking smoothness, there is just less gadgetry going on in the breech. I also notice that FX has greatly improved the tolerances of the way all the parts seem to fit, it’s very solidly put together (no rattling). Almost too easy to tune as well.

The only negative IMO was the regulator gauge which has bar pressure markings every 50 bar. From 0, 50, 100, 150, 200, to 250 bar? I can’t precisely set my AMP regulator with those increments. With a gap from 100 to 150 bar you can’t really know where it is set, it would only be a guess. So, I replaced them with better marked and better quality gauges.

Another way of measuring the "reg pressure" is to measure the max speed of a pellet with a certain weight. So if your gauge shows 110 bar, or 130, it really does not matter, as if you use the max speed as a measurement, you are measuring the result of your reg pressure instead. But it requires to adjust the hammer until the gun starts to waste air. Usually most gauges will show the increments right, even they may be off on the actual readout. So adjusting up or down 5 bar will usually be close enough on a unpresice gauge. But I agree there should be at least 10 bar increments on the scale:)

Another awesome post Joe and gun. 
Butch

The real winner winner chicken dinner is the Superior STX barrel! IMO, FX designed a liner that is truly good with pellets and slugs. I don’t know if a lot of people realize this...

I dropped a 600mm Superior STX liner in each my FX Crown and Wildcat MKII both in .25 and they are also lights out with pellets and slugs...

truth...

I was just about to ask if you used the superior standard liner. Quiet impressive you was able to get that good group with the NSA 33 grain, in the same liner. Guess in the past you needed a slug liner to achieve that. It looks close to a tie at 100 yards between the JSB heavy, and the 33 grain NSA:)

When these barrels are more readily available and more air-gunners try them.. Watch the aftermath?..

They’re good!

Thanks a lot for that! Ordered it just now in .25 yellow. I only shoot bench, so the loading of the mags is not necessary for me either.

👌🏽

Thanks Ranchibi!

Another way of measuring the "reg pressure" is to measure the max speed of a pellet with a certain weight. So if your gauge shows 110 bar, or 130, it really does not matter, as if you use the max speed as a measurement, you are measuring the result of your reg pressure instead. But it requires to adjust the hammer until the gun starts to waste air. Usually most gauges will show the increments right, even they may be off on the actual readout. So adjusting up or down 5 bar will usually be close enough on a unpresice gauge. But I agree there should be at least 10 bar increments on the scale:)

That is exactly the way I tune. On the max power setting I want the max velocity, without air waste. Every other lower setting will fall where they fall. Efficiency, harmony, & balance utilizing the full range or span of the high to low settings using just enough air and HST to reach your desired velocity. A precise gauge is just icing on the cake!

Hey joekool my .22 sniper is on order can you post a pic of the gun in the case? I hope I have enough room for everything in the case. Keep posting everything you find and learn I'm very interested. Tim

Placing the WC MKIII Sniper in the case the way I have it in the below picture. I am able to fit the airgun, (8x) large tins of pellets and slugs, my Accu-tac bipod, my DonnyFL in its container (not on the WC), (2x) 16 shot side-shot magazines, FX operators manual, and my patch-worm barrel cleaning kit.

1591408107_4789063605edaf5eb54c704.48005627.jpeg

Other Findings and Discoveries:

1591408720_6223009505edaf85013caf5.85124528.jpeg

​​​​​​☝🏽 Look how large the factory transfer port hole is on the Wildcat MKIII’s pellet probe?

(from the factory!)

Hmmmm? 🤔

One of these will be in my mailbox in a couple days!! 👇🏽

1591409092_4854772195edaf9c48dbb76.63912636.jpeg

Oops! Wait a second, is that two stacked Dreamline external plenum extensions? 👇🏽

1591410161_13730583325edafdf10ac575.17572316.gif

1591410454_19818734485edaff16463ac4.40299602.jpeg

Stay tuned... They’ll be a whole new thread/post on this. I’ll just say now that this Wildcat MKIII .25 is really deserving of the title, “SNIPER” !!

Awesome!