• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

3 inch diameter Moderator

I have just finished making a test model for a well known big bore maker with a 3 inch diameter, please do not ask, I will NOT be making any more. But I thought I would share this result with the members of AGN because I was totally surprised by it. Just for kicks I tried the huge can on my 22 caliber Sumatra and Career, both are extremely loud air guns, my expectations were to still get a fair pop from it because of the very large bore hole, absolutely nothing, on both guns all I could hear was the hammer hitting the valve, I was totally surprised by this having such a large bore hole and no pellet being fired. I thought I would share this with those of you who like the large cans, this is about as large as they get, now I need to wait for the feedback on how it works on the 45 caliber gun it was made for, Neil.

It was 12 inches long, but you are right 3 inches in OD is a monster, it was done more for the challenge than anything else and to see how it would work on the big bores. Machining the solid stock to lighten it up as much as possible was real tedious, shorter ones would not be too heavy but I am not going to get into making them in this diameter, for anything other than a high powered big bore it is really huge over kill, Neil.