• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

2nd PCP Rifle

fbebbb6fcb74a5bd3401853ae2d2c4c1.jpg

This is my first FX PCP rifle, I got it after cutting my teeth on a Benjamin Maruder... FX Royale 400 in .22, FX Scope Mounts and Hawke Sidewinder Tactical 6.5-20x42 on top and it is a tac driver.

Yeah. Current pricing puts the Crown at $300 more than the synthetic Royale and only $100 more than the walnut. The synthetic stocked Royale is at the upper limit of my budget right now. I am waiting to see what FX announces at the next show - maybe a price reduction now that they have their own distribution in the USA (fingers crossed). Maybe in the meantime I'll happen across more funds.

Sorry to be so late in my reply Rodeo, was away..
About 4 ½ years ago I wanted to step up from high end springers because I had been told PCP gave an increase in accuracy. I was researching the Benjamin Discovery as an “entry level” when I happened to find a Ted Bier (Ted's HoldOver) post while I was researching “Air Rifles”. The post has him testing the Maurader @100 yds. I wound up buying/ building what Ted had with the exception that I have it in .22 I actually got better results than Ted at 100 yds with Crossman pellets (go figure).
I out grew the Maurader in less than a year and started “researching” again. By this time I was very familiar with Ted's HoldOver, Matt Dubber (AirArmsHuntingSA), Squirrel Hunter, TheShootingShow, etc, etc,
Back to researching… and after 4 months and a lot of comparing… I bought the FX Royale 400 in .22 w/FX Mounts and Hawke Sidewinder, Omega 75 Gal Tank and Omega Compressor.
Now for the important stuff. I took my new Royale to the range and zeroed it at 25 yds. (the max there).
I then shot 24 18.1gr JSB Heavy (2 mags) into a 1 moa target and I covered the hole with a dime. When I get bored, I go out on my back deck and shoot Sweet Gum Tree Seed Pods (about the size of a quarter) from 45 yards away and around 50 ft up. That Rifle is literally a Tack Driver.
Sorry to be so “wordy”