• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning 2nd Hand Hatsan 135 .22 - Spring/Vortex Swap and odd part...

Hello All,

I recently purchased a used Hatsan 135 and it had a few minor issues. I knew it ahead of time and overall I am happy with the Hatsan 135 and it has gotten me addicted to the world of airguns.

I've contacted Hatsan USA already for the parts I need.

I have two questions:

1. Is there any information on the vortex piston installation? All the diagrams I have seen show a spring only. I've confirmed through Hatsan that the conversion is possible to do without major modifications. I've got a vortex type 2 piston, which according to Hatsan's documentation, fits the 135. The problem is that with the new tail plug the vortex piston does not fit uncompressed, like the spring did. I suspect I will need a compression tool to compress the gas ram, but wanted to double check before I cause any damage to the other components of the 135.

2. Upon disassembly, I found two issues which I have not been able to resolve by checking the 135 diagrams. First is this U shaped plastic piece. Upon disassembly, it fell out. I suspect it might be a piece which assists in security the front trigger guard screw, but I can't seem to find it on the diagram. The second is the front trigger screw, which after reassembly does not secure to the front of the trigger group.

IMG_2410.1630258915.jpg

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The Vortex gas ram is just a drop in although it requires a different end cap. There's a hair difference between the ram and spring versions and how the end cap fits.

The gas ram might have all of a 1/4 to 1/2 inch or so of preload, but you're going to need a spring compressor to press everything back in and get the pins tapped back in since that gas ram is holding something like 130-135 bar or close to 2000 psi if that makes it easier.

That fork shaped piece actually sits inside the stock at the front edge of the the trigger pack as a brace once you reinstall the action.

The front stock screw only screws into the stock, not the trigger pack so maybe some wood glue then screw it in to make it hold as it's only there to hold the front of the trigger guard to the stock.

Will do. I will need to make a compression tool. While I am at it, since I have to do that anyway, I might as well go all the way and re-blue the steel and clean up the wood. Will show pics. I shot it before and it was a little stiff as it just sat. But, it worked which was quite impressive...Working after years of inactivity and no maintenance.