• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

2nd bottle for FX panthera

I'm trying to make some final decisions on an FX Panthera. I want to get a 700 mm in .22 cal. One of the accessories that is high on my list is the dual air bottle set up. It's down to a 580 or 700 cc bottle. I'll be shooting from the bench with a bipod. I plan on using a Sabre Tactical picatinney CF bottle adapter. Should I be concerned about the extra length of the 700 cc bottle putting excessive leverage on the bottle fitting?

What have other folks been using the 580 or the 700 bottle?

I'm trying to make some final decisions on an FX Panthera. I want to get a 700 mm in .22 cal. One of the accessories that is high on my list is the dual air bottle set up. It's down to a 580 or 700 cc bottle. I'll be shooting from the bench with a bipod. I plan on using a Sabre Tactical picatinney CF bottle adapter. Should I be concerned about the extra length of the 700 cc bottle putting excessive leverage on the bottle fitting?

What have other folks been using the 580 or the 700 bottle?
If you're going to mount a bipod to the bottle I'd suggest going for the Huma adapter. That comes with a support plate to take the stress off of the adapter threads.
I use the 700cc Alsafe bottle. Can't imagine going back to the stock configuration. The shot count alone is worth it but the bottle balances the gun out much like those weights people attach to the M-lok rail, and eliminates any muzzle flip nicely.

Macros - Thanks for the prompt reply. Your comment was what I was thinking that there should be no "syncing" the bottle required. But that's what both Ernest Rowe and Airbuks had said on their YouTube videos. Curious, eh?

Chukar60- I've only shot the gun once since adding the front bottle. The pressure dropped at the same rate as it did with the rear bottle only; so I assumed I was having trouble with the front bottle. I took both bottles off and reinstalled each separately. Air came out of each connection, so I know that system is working. Back to my man cave for further testin.

Reactions: Macros
Haven't watched those videos, but the only 'synchronized' thing I can imagine needing doing is putting the bottles on at the same time so that the air from one doesn't all leak out the adapter for the other while trying to install it afterwards.
That only applies if both bottles are pressurized at the time of install of course.

Hope you get it figured!

Reactions: Raider03