• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

2L vs 3L Carbon Fiber air tanks

I'm thinking about buying a 2nd tank so I don't need to carry my Omega 6.8L around on trips if I don't want the weight. I've heard people using a smaller tank to top off your gun a few times. The Acecare carbon fiber bottles look to be a decent option with good reviews, with multiple sizes. Does anybody have recommendations for small bottles? The 3L is still pretty big, the 2.17 or 2L are obviously a little more manageable, could probably handle having it in a backpack. After 2L the next size is 1.1 which is maybe too small to use for filling(?) Any advise is appreciated.

Shooting all day depends on the effeciency of your gun, but yeah, this size bottle is much better than the 90ci bottles. IIRC the cubic inch size of the 2.17L bottle is like 126ci. It would be nice if they only listed the sizes in one format so that people could relate better, instead we get liters, cubic inches, cubic feet, cubic centimeters and, of course, for Scott tanks, -minutes. Whatever. I chose the 2.17L size because it is a little shorter than the thinner 2L bottle which makes all the difference when putting it into a backpack. Hunting guns, set up for high power, is where these bottles really shine.

Shooting all day depends on the effeciency of your gun, but yeah, this size bottle is much better than the 90ci bottles. IIRC the cubic inch size of the 2.17L bottle is like 126ci. It would be nice if they only listed the sizes in one format so that people could relate better, instead we get liters, cubic inches, cubic feet, cubic centimeters and, of course, for Scott tanks, -minutes. Whatever. I chose the 2.17L size because it is a little shorter than the thinner 2L bottle which makes all the difference when putting it into a backpack. Hunting guns, set up for high power, is where these bottles really shine.

Converting litres and CCs into cubic inches is relatively easy. The cubic foot measurement calculation is dependent on the fill pressure as well as the volume to measure the cylinder's capacity. That is the main reason that people have trouble getting their heads around the different bottle descriptions. This is a good example of the benefits of the metric system. 

Im getting a 3 liter I was thinking for over a day which one long an hard I though about it a while I settled of 3 liter acecare straight off thair website amazon doesen't make any cut I got a 3 liter for dirt cheap currently $166 shipping included thats insane banger deal thats to the door its coming within next 10 days. The reason I went for 3 is so I can just strap it to my backpack my 6.8 liter is a bit heavy to hike up I did it but its not comfortable I dont feel like Im very agile in the mountain off trail its 17 pounds I lugged that thing cuz imma beast but still im gettin a smaller one I though 2 liters id run out if Im running slugs an its a range day an im tuning around an stuff, That said id probably run out with a 3 liter one as you get roughly 30 high power shots on avenger high power tune an like I dont know, what like 5 good fills or so I dont know but lets say 4 that you get out of the 2 liter before you want to tether the bottle an shoot as psi will be below 3300 I suppose compared to 3 liter get 6 fills but the 3 might not fit in your backpack I certainly aint planing on putting it in I was planning on strapping it to the outside of my backpack. ,But anyway they got stupid dumb good prices at Acecare https://syacecare.com/product/acecare-2l-carbon-fiber-cylinder-fat-air-tank-of-4500psi/ This fat one if I was to get it would be 142 thats stupid dumb cheap for a bottle WOW an my valve I buy costs $56 so $192 total for a bottle that has a valve with a fill whip Thats STUPID GOOD DEAL Air venturi and other brands are rip offs 400 500 600 for the bottle with the valve. Yes they are dot but I got a compressor on the day to the porch so SCUBASHOP MY ASSS I called the ones around here an they didnt wanna take risk non dot plus I shoot so often No go I also see tuxing does not charge shipping must be already included in the cost of the bottle but its also a very fair price for the 2 liter they got in the shape they got https://www.tuxingcn.com/tuxing-450...r-rifle-gun-condor-thread-m1815-p3816416.html 159 total, Thats a little more than the acecare fat bottle but might suit some folks better for thair backpack, I think all Il need maybe from here on is a dedicated mountain bottle for deep mountains maybe one day I dont know, Say im hunting coyotes or blowing up squirils or sumthin an im running slugs you only get like 30 on avenger 4300 psi high power id need another buddy bottle an I see acecare offers 1.1 liter I think Id get that.

I'm thinking about buying a 2nd tank so I don't need to carry my Omega 6.8L around on trips if I don't want the weight. I've heard people using a smaller tank to top off your gun a few times. The Acecare carbon fiber bottles look to be a decent option with good reviews, with multiple sizes. Does anybody have recommendations for small bottles? The 3L is still pretty big, the 2.17 or 2L are obviously a little more manageable, could probably handle having it in a backpack. After 2L the next size is 1.1 which is maybe too small to use for filling(?) Any advise is appreciated.
I was in big debate with my self between the 3 liter being big after thinking for a while I figured whats the point if I need a buddy bottle for hunting il get one thats like 1,1 liters like what are you doing making sure your sighted in or shooting 5 follow up shots at the animal or what I dont see whats the point of the 2 liter might as well get the 3, If your hunting you dont use much air only couple shots unless you miss like all the time then still 1.1 liters will suit you unless your game is abundant as bugs then you will run out of air. Next bottle il get will probably 1.1 liter its only 135 dollars with shipping or 2 liter fatass bottle I might get its a good deal no one is getting cut cuz your buying straight from acecare its $142 to the door thats amazing hard to turn down I might just get this one next the prices on all these are so good I buy my valve off of here bought 2 now shipping from canada to washington still total to the door from ca to usd is $56 https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/m18x1-5...-station-with-400bar-6000psi-gauge-50cm-hose/

Just my opinions on the subject after experience with a few sizes.

I just not a fan of the 3L tank size. That's basically the size you see people on oxygen toting around. Very narrow and long tank. Wasn't a fan because due to it's length is was cumbersome and due to the small-ish 3L tank size I found the number of usable fills to be a bit low for a range visit. I'd really rather have my 9L tank which is the exact same length but just fatter. It gives a ton more refills, doesn't really feel much more bulky to lug around than a 3L and will satisfy a full range visit, unless shooting big bores.

For a pony tank I've had a guppy from JoeB and it was a very good tank. Also used a Ninja 90ci tank for a bit. Finally settled on a 1.1L Liaoning CF tank with a Peazy valve. Super lightweight, about 14" long with the valve, and works great for filling pistols on the back deck. It might give me a few fills to get through a day if in the field - but that's not a place I find myself 99.5% of the time.

And I always buy carrying cases for em bottle you dont want to ever drop it unpadded against a hard surface it could very well blow it probably wont but there have been incedents this one woman dropped a 3000 psi steel tank and it was fatal for her I think it was large one like 6 liters, I got the 3 liter one coming I do my research on the size an im looking at
That's a sweet bag. You should probably be able to shoot all day on a full 2.17L tank, right?

Thanks for your reply.
The avenger No I go off I cant find any shooting range
3 L isnt that bad of size to take with to but there longer
I got it to be a range bottle/ hunting bottle I already got a 6.8 liter one thats so ehavy taking it to range it hurdle so I got 3 liter my range you have to hike to it to get in not like you just get off your truck an carry your 6.8 liters a hundred yards or whatever. I can still fit it in my backpack vertically or strap it with the 2 straps attached I am getting a padded tripod case for it my valve is 3.5 bottle is 17.5 thats 21 total 22 inch case, dont wanna fall back an have that bottle hit a jagged rock I got a mountaintop 40 liter backpack, I was thinking between the tuxing bottle but after doing some measurements I found it wont fit horizontally in my mountain top I got a jar an a water bottle to the very simular in length an width of the bottle an valve, And couldnt shove it in my packpack horizontally, my teton will fit it horizontally, I dont know ninja 90 ci is 1.47 liters an that thing is pricey. Aint no way im buying that rip off half a liter more an im saving big bucks, I bought from acecares official site https://syacecare.com/product/acecare-2l-carbon-fiber-cylinder-fat-air-tank-of-4500psi/ what do you think of this sieze bottle its a fat ass bottle that way no one gets the cut buy from the site F ebay amazon aliexpress alibaba dhgate they all have to take thair cut they all will upcharge the bottle, Its great the brands both made sites so the price for this fat 2 liter is 142 to my door I cant allow my self to spend $260 on a ninja here is tuxing one I was debating getting but didn't, I got the 3 liter kinda as a range bottle /hunting bottle, I can go walk around woods an setup a range an plink or whatever I got that shotcount from 3 liters, 2 liters a little less but I dont know Il probably buy another 2 liter buddy bottle, they also got 1.1 liter size but I dont know about that its 135 to the door.

And I always buy carrying cases for em bottle you dont want to ever drop it unpadded against a hard surface it could very well blow it probably wont but there have been incedents this one woman dropped a 3000 psi steel tank and it was fatal for her I think it was large one like 6 liters, I got the 3 liter one coming I do my research on the size an im looking at

The avenger No I go off I cant find any shooting range

I got it to be a range bottle/ hunting bottle I already got a 6.8 liter one thats so ehavy taking it to range it hurdle so I got 3 liter my range you have to hike to it to get in not like you just get off your truck an carry your 6.8 liters a hundred yards or whatever. I can still fit it in my backpack vertically or strap it with the 2 straps attached I am getting a padded tripod case for it my valve is 3.5 bottle is 17.5 thats 21 total 22 inch case, dont wanna fall back an have that bottle hit a jagged rock I got a mountaintop 40 liter backpack, I was thinking between the tuxing bottle but after doing some measurements I found it wont fit horizontally in my mountain top I got a jar an a water bottle to the very simular in length an width of the bottle an valve, And couldnt shove it in my packpack horizontally, my teton will fit it horizontally, I dont know ninja 90 ci is 1.47 liters an that thing is pricey. Aint no way im buying that rip off half a liter more an im saving big bucks, I bought from acecares official site https://syacecare.com/product/acecare-2l-carbon-fiber-cylinder-fat-air-tank-of-4500psi/ what do you think of this sieze bottle its a fat ass bottle that way no one gets the cut buy from the site F ebay amazon aliexpress alibaba dhgate they all have to take thair cut they all will upcharge the bottle, Its great the brands both made sites so the price for this fat 2 liter is 142 to my door I cant allow my self to spend $260 on a ninja here is tuxing one I was debating getting but didn't, I got the 3 liter kinda as a range bottle /hunting bottle, I can go walk around woods an setup a range an plink or whatever I got that shotcount from 3 liters, 2 liters a little less but I dont know Il probably buy another 2 liter buddy bottle, they also got 1.1 liter size but I dont know about that its 135 to the door.
Ace care bottles are good to just have to fill them your self is all

3 L isnt that bad of size to take with to but there longer
What about the 2 liter size from
Ace care bottles are good to just have to fill them your self is all
Who else is filling em at scuba shops still now a days, They be charging an the amount I shoot Marksman its in my name aint no goofy dive shop trips every couple days, I wouldnt even go into the pcp hobby if that was my only option most folks are fine with it but id have to get a dot bottle an it would take 500 instead of 300 that I paid for my 6.8 liter, I dont like the thought of me having to rely on someone else to shoot the dive shop has access to air an I dont what, An I cant be self sufficiant then the hobby aint it the pcp one at least im not boutta jump in thousand+ dollars just to shoot 22s an 177s a bit more accurately than breakbarrels il just buy a couple premium breakbarrels an call it a day, Like I said I wouldnt get into the hobby as it would be too expensive id need a 9 liter dot or 2 of those or unless you wanna be doing trip to the scuba shop ever time, Thats what kept me away from the pcps for a while the though of air where Im going to get it all that hassle till yong heng started rolling thru an I see how reliable it was an its inexpensive I could be self sufficient, Have as much air as I want on hand. That said you could get away with a handpump the lower power pcps but you cant even shoot high power stuff unless you go bottle route. after going to range with avenger handpumping it in the hot sun sweating it wasnt no fun shooting so a bottle is a must for me at least.

Just my opinions on the subject after experience with a few sizes.

I just not a fan of the 3L tank size. That's basically the size you see people on oxygen toting around. Very narrow and long tank. Wasn't a fan because due to it's length is was cumbersome and due to the small-ish 3L tank size I found the number of usable fills to be a bit low for a range visit. I'd really rather have my 9L tank which is the exact same length but just fatter. It gives a ton more refills, doesn't really feel much more bulky to lug around than a 3L and will satisfy a full range visit, unless shooting big bores.

For a pony tank I've had a guppy from JoeB and it was a very good tank. Also used a Ninja 90ci tank for a bit. Finally settled on a 1.1L Liaoning CF tank with a Peazy valve. Super lightweight, about 14" long with the valve, and works great for filling pistols on the back deck. It might give me a few fills to get through a day if in the field - but that's not a place I find myself 99.5% of the time.
Hey Id like your opinion on this tank its 2.5 liter its 12.2inch long, 5.07inch diameter https://www.tuxingcn.com/4500psi-30...compressed-scuba-cylinder-m1815-p4461178.html

Reactions: Billinoregon