• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

298 Grain Slug Expansion on Deer

We recovered a slug from a doe my son shot this season here in Missouri. First deer we had full pass through with a nice size exit hole with same slug. This deer we recovered the slug and it showed very good expansion.

This was shot from a brand new Texan 45 cal long barrel carbon bottle at a 2800 psi fill. Fully stock gun at 48 yards. First deer with pass through was 75 yards.

Pass through deer ran 20 yards and dropped with a lot of blood trail. This deer ran 30 yards and laid down but we went for recovery too soon because it was getting dark and scared her up. She went about 70 yards and dropped down. Was easy to follow her with so much blood trail though.

This is our 298 grain knurl bullet with a huge hollow point cavity.

IMG_2278.jpg
IMG_2281.jpg

290 Knurl Slug.jpg

Very possible. I have a 452 Slayer being built and I like this round for hunting deer and coyote. I will make them for myself almost surely so once I do I will probably offer them.
There's a Mountainsport Airguns video where Tom and Dana did long range accuracy testing of the 452 Slayer using your 254 grain HP-BT. If I remember the length specs correctly, those BT's were short enough to fit in the magazine, though they were single loading them in the video. Will you be offering us those again for the 452's?

There's a Mountainsport Airguns video where Tom and Dana did long range accuracy testing of the 452 Slayer using your 254 grain HP-BT. If I remember the length specs correctly, those BT's were short enough to fit in the magazine, though they were single loading them in the video. Will you be offering us those again for the 452's?

I don't have plans for those boattail slugs to come back. Most our recent testing has been done with 265 grain flat base. Once I get my Slayer I may look at something else but will not be a boattail.