• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

View from my bench the second target is the 75 yards the first is my 25M practice

I shot the 30 cal boss with 44 gr JSB straight out of the tin no sorting or weighing. The bottom left was my sighter target; the second from the bottom right and top left was a bad pellet and low air so I took a second shots on thoes 2. There was around 62 for sure hits on the dots and about 10 or so more border line a ways from perfect but I will keep practicing. Any one else? let us see your results.

Reactions: snakedoctor9
DL -- that's an incredible "first stab!"

Like Bwalton is planning, I've been trying to simulate the EBR scenario. Being a total noob to EBR, I'm enrolled in the accelerated home study program!

I downloaded the official EBR extreme target and printed to scale on an e-size plotter (ends up being 36" x 48") a bunch of sheets and using a target stand that approximates the height of the card above the ground (as it appears in the EBR video). Under no wind conditions, it's pretty boring with the .30 Boss -- 10-ring 90% of the time with half of those X. Nothing outside the 9-ring. The fun comes in when there are variable winds -- and I understand the Rio Salado range sees anything but calm conditions unless it's early morning. It became obvious to me very quickly that, all other factors being equal, the high scorers will be the ones who've mastered reading the winds AND are able to translate what they observe into an effective targeting solution....time after time. I was humbled to say the least and now have a better appreciation for what a good wind-skilled shooter can do.

I have only 6 weeks to become one with my wind flags :) 

Seeing that I have a bench rest range in my backyard 25m 50y on one side...and 100y, 150y, and 200y on the other side, so more then enough room, I get to practice in 10mph wind or calm wind depending what time of day I go. I am not into the bench rest scene, but if I did do it no doubt it would be the EBR side of things. I thing that distance evens things out a bit and like what was stated earlier how well you read the wind can be key.

"DLFant"I have enjoyed all the "Wannabe challange" post in various different distances.

Is any one going to the 75 yard Extreme by AOA October 1st ?
I thought this would be a good practice challange so here is my first stab at it.
My target has a 100 7/16" dots set at 75 yards. Maybe a tad smaller than the offical size which I think is 1/2" .

I shot the 30 cal boss with 44 gr JSB straight out of the tin no sorting or weighing. The bottom left was my sighter target; the second from the bottom right and top left was a bad pellet and low air so I took a second shots on thoes 2. There was around 62 for sure hits on the dots and about 10 or so more border line a ways from perfect but I will keep practicing. Any one else? let us see your results.

Wow nice shooting! We just hired a full time nanny to help us out with the little one. So hopefully I can get some shooting in soon! I will participate in this challenge (sooner or later).