• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25cal - Why, or why not?

Thanks for all the replys gentlemen. I appreciate it.

25gr JSB Redesigned .22cal and 25gr JSB .25cal King Diabolo are pretty much the same price per pellet in my neck of the woods.

24.8gr NSA .22cal (350 count) and 26.8 NSA .25cal (325 count) are the same price per box.

The cost difference for ammo is not something that makes that much of a difference between the two calibers to sway me either way.

I think I'm going to go with the .25cal. The ability to put a larger hole into something animate makes sense. The BC on the .22cal and the .25cal (25gr) is pretty much identical according to the Strelok Pro app on my phone so shooting paper should be the same at similar speeds in similar conditions.

I love my 22 break barrel. It shoots lights out 14.3 grain pellets at about 850 FPS. Hard to argue.

I don't have a chrono at the moment, but according to all the videos, the setup I'm using for my 25 is sending 33.5g slugs at about 880 FPS. I do know they hit with a lot more authority. Muzzle is pretty quiet. Impact? Don't care. It works much better on larger targets

I haven’t gotten into hunting with slugs yet, but I will give it a look in the future. Today I hunted with my 25 cal Taipan Vet Compact set at 30 ft/lbs. 25 cal in the Vet makes for an ideal set up because of the adjustability in power, plus it is quiet as sssshhhh with the Donny FL Sumo on. However, I am looking at a 22 cal Cricket II or AirMaks Caimen X

If you do not shoot a lot and want to have "authentic killing power" buy the Uragan in .30 Cal.

Just be careful what is behind when shooting.

From rats, racoons, to coyotes and jabalina do not need anything else. Is much more accurate, deals better with wind. But gives less shots per fill and is a more expensive ammo.

But if you do not shot s lot. With one .30 Cal for hunting you are absolutely done.

I have diverse good rifles in .177, .22. .25, .30 and two in .357..... When the topic becomes real hunting, the only ones that are chosen to the adventure are the .30 and for deer the .357.

I have the Uragan .30 and love that thing. Very accurate and lots of knock down power.

I ended up ordering 3k 50.15 gr pellets for it so I have to last a very long time.