• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25cal PCP - Marauder or........

....Hatsan flash QE? Primary use is for pesting and mainly for a nuisance raccoon(s). Power and fpe are my main focus for dropping this animal. I have the flash QE right now but it's being returned due to a bad bolt action and I have the choice to choose something else. Budget is somewhat limited around $550 or so. Have liked the flash so far but have been learning more as I go along. Given this opportunity wondering what might be another better option. 

Looking for the best bang for my buck for longer term pesting/target shooting. A rifle that will fill both roles but primarily for pest control. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

I have a marauder, a flash qe and a bull pup. For general handiness and easy of use the Bullpup is the best. The flash qe is next then the Marauder. I shoot from a truck, from an ATV and while hiking the brush. The marauder is a hell of a gun, but is long. For freehand and close quarters, the Bullpup comes out on top.

The flash qe is lighter than the Marauder, and a bit shorter. But, the stock comb is too low for a scope (IMHO), so I added a cheek pad. That gun is my son's favorite to shoot and AEAC really liked the Flash in his review.

The Marauder comes out on top of the aftermarket parts and modifications category. If you like to tinker and tweek, the Marauder has a lot more potential and support. 

Have fun and show us your success! Welcome to AGN.

I have a marauder, a flash qe and a bull pup. For general handiness and easy of use the Bullpup is the best. The flash qe is next then the Marauder. I shoot from a truck, from an ATV and while hiking the brush. The marauder is a hell of a gun, but is long. For freehand and close quarters, the Bullpup comes out on top.

The flash qe is lighter than the Marauder, and a bit shorter. But, the stock comb is too low for a scope (IMHO), so I added a cheek pad. That gun is my son's favorite to shoot and AEAC really liked the Flash in his review.

The Marauder comes out on top of the aftermarket parts and modifications category. If you like to tinker and tweek, the Marauder has a lot more potential and support. 

Have fun and show us your success! Welcome to AGN.

I've really liked the Flash thus far (bolt action issue aside) I also got it for a great deal ($225 new). My biggest complaint really has been the shot count and finding the sweet spot in fill pressure for maximum accuracy over a 20-30 shot string. The tinkering side of things intrigues me but I'm a noob to the air gunning hobby and know very little.

The flash has a limited adjustment for shot string issues. I have not been able to make it to as flat as the other two guns, and 2 mags are all I can get within consistent accuracy on a fill. 24 shots in . 22. My bolt shows wear on the vertical surface of the action and it pops up each shot. I have an elastic band around from the scope turret to the end of the bolt to hold it down. Mine is a refurb, and it was less than 200.00, so I accept the issue as is. 

I would get the marauder .22. Its powerful enough for pig size animals. The .25 has only 16 good shots before you need to refill. The .22 mrod has up to 50 good shots. If you need a .25 cal, get something like a impact or bottle gun. You can get up to 70 and 80 good shots in .25 cal with a bottle gun. The mrod air tube is too small imo for larger cal.

Thanks for all the replies folks. I ended up ordering the 25cal Marauder from Amazon, it should be here Tuesday. Hatsan is going back.....still a good gun. Would have kept it if not for the situation and the black Friday deal on the Marauder. 

Can anyone confirm what height scope rings are needed to clear the rotary magazine on the Marauder? Medium or high? My current rings are for a pic rail, will need dovetail rings now. Any recommendations on a good quality set of rings for a 4-16x40 1inch tube scope would be awesome.

Again thanks for all the input.