• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.25cal Hatsan Flashpup QE synthetic, they sent me the wrong one? And I have ??'s

After finding a really good deal on a .25cal Hatsan Flashpup QE synthetic stock on Hatsans website for $249 shipped first thing I did was run to the internet and start watching some reviews. I probably watched 6 or so reviews and then did google searches for things like "Hatsan flashpup issues" or "Hatsan flashpup broken" etc etc 

Every Hatsan flashpup vid and picture I saw in the reviews showed a Hatsan flashpup with a Bolt action gun that had a large and silver bolt same as on Hatsans website, same as in videos from The airgun channel and from macabespeed and others.

The one in the picture I ordered from Hatsan shows a silver bolt handle.

They sent me a "side lever" is what I think they are called? There is no bolt, just a lever that extends way out and then straight back and the lever is all black. Similar to what is on a Hatsan Hercules Bully.

Is this an upgrade? Or newer model over the silver bolt handle actions? Or is it a older model before the silver bolt handle actions?

The gun came shipped fast in less then 5 days, gun seems to be in great condition for a refurbished gun. 

It even came filled full of air. It feels heavy duty, I love my umarex gauntlet but honestly this gun feels like its made out of better materials, it just feels "more quality" 

Also any tips on if there is anything I should really check out on this gun before I use it and things to look for since it is refurbished is appreciated. I am searching for a optic for it right now so it will probably be another week before I even shoot it. 

I have an OK selection of 25cal pellets since I already had a .25cal Hatsan break action. But I ordered some H&N crow magnums and some H&N Barracuda Extreme Hunters. Are there any other 25 cal pellets I should look into for the Hatsan flashpup that others are getting good groups with? 

Thanks Guys this forum has been a good resource of mostly no B.S. info

Not quite a new release as they've been out for quite awhile in Europe minus the shrouded QE barrel, but Hatsan USA finally brought some to the US and I bought one in .25 after getting an email from Hatsan saying they had some. 

The Turkish site is the best place to check out anything newly released and there's nothing there about one in a Turkish Walnut stock so not a clue if they'll come that way at some point, so the stock is synthetic. Doesn't feel one bit chintzy either and has a nice solid feel to it. Also has an adjustable butt pad. It only slides up or down, no side to side and can be adjusted with a 7/16th's allen wrench but it is slightly adjustable.
Same 165cc air tube as the bolt action version but with a new twist. Instead of the plastic rod that gets pushed out when you slide the fill probe in, this one has an oringed cap on it with the other side now solid.
The side lever, at least to me, is just easier to use although it is back under your chin. Still easier, at least for me, than trying to work the bolt on the original models. I have the original wood version with the bolt which isn't one bit bad and the bolt did get easier with a little lube and some time shooting. You also have to be careful as it doesn't have an anti-double feed mechanism in it like my Galatian sidelever does so it's very possible to double load if you screw up and forget whether you chambered a pellet or not.
Straight from the box, I got 17 shots before it dropped under 800fps with JSB 25.39gr so about 38 fpe. Got another 11 shots before it dropped to 100 on the gauge and shot 28 was still 743. I haven't tried anything else in it yet since it shoots the JSB's real nice. 
I did have a Discovery on it and while not one bit a bad scope, I wanted to try the TruGlow 4-14x44 FFP scope I took a chance on from Midway for $100 and my first FFP scope. Jury is still out on that one, so I may swap back at some point.

Flashpup SL-Truglo FFP.1629547211.jpg
Flashpup SL target.1629547281.jpg

Reactions: Swing360
A side lever on a flash is great news. The bolt version was the only thing I didn't like about the flash. The edge holding the bolt down rounded off and after a while, the bolt would pop open when you took a shot. Hopefully Hatsan solve this issue with the side lever

+1 

My carbine Flash gun loved shooting slugs - the bolt action issue turned me off to the gun.

I've got several hundred shots through my side lever Pup and it hasn't popped open when firing. Just a simple pull back until you hear it click, then push forward motion to load. Only very minor complaint is the lack of an anti double feed mech like my Galatian III has. The Pup doesn't have one and if not careful, you can double feed.

As mentioned, a bit of lube made it smoother but wasn't one bit bad out of the box. If they make a Flash with that sidelever, I might have to consider buying one