250 vs 300 bottle and shot count

If your M3 is at 150 bar on the front end and you fill it to 300 bar instead of 250 bar you should have a 50% higher shot count than what you currently have.
Appreciate the input. I was being conservative and estimated 40 % increase because of altitude and temp. variations. I ordered one shortly after seeing your response. The nice thing is being able to switch it between my .30 Maverick and the .30 M3. What ever I feel like hunting with and keeping the 250 bar as a back up.
Thanks again,
Hunter

Appreciate the input. I was being conservative and estimated 40 % increase because of altitude and temp. variations. I ordered one shortly after seeing your response. The nice thing is being able to switch it between my .30 Maverick and the .30 M3. What ever I feel like hunting with and keeping the 250 bar as a back up.
Thanks again,
Hunter
That's the same reason I got mine as well.

Did someone from FX tell you that?
I have a 2+yo MK2, I learned all the tricks with it I can disassemble it with closed eyes. But 250 engraved beside the gauge so I will not challenge that.
Also my compressor is shooting down about 285 (or 4300ish), so I am on a safe side.
And the very last, I am tethering all time BR, with 185 bars.
Just saying.

If your M3 is at 150 bar on the front end and you fill it to 300 bar instead of 250 bar you should have a 50% higher shot count than what you currently have.
This is not quite true. You will get a higher shot count, but it will not be the same as the difference in the pressure available (150 compared to 100 Bar). I have long since forgotten the exact law involved (I think it’s Boyles Law) but the bottom line is that you lose a little efficiency going to the higher pressure.

Reactions: Rj
I have a 2+yo MK2, I learned all the tricks with it I can disassemble it with closed eyes. But 250 engraved beside the gauge so I will not challenge that.
Also my compressor is shooting down about 285 (or 4300ish), so I am on a safe side.
And the very last, I am tethering all time BR, with 185 bars.
Just saying.

I believe what Big hun is saying.... is just because the bottle is rated for 300 bar doesn't mean the rifle is.

IIRC... my impact had 250 bar stamped on the side. mswp maximum safe working. pressure. Believe it was also in the manual.

Should the valve in the bottle fail...the gun designed for 250 bar would be subjected to 300bar. And out of its designed parameters. And why 250 is stamped on the block.

I believe what Big hun is saying.... is just because the bottle is rated for 300 bar doesn't mean the rifle is.

IIRC... my impact had 250 bar stamped on the side. mswp maximum safe working. pressure. Believe it was also in the manual.

Should the valve in the bottle fail...the gun designed for 250 bar would be subjected to 300bar. And out of its designed parameters. And why 250 is stamped on the block.
I understood completely what he said, but you did not read what I posted above. If you disagree with what FX's advertising, I would advise you to call them and ask them why they are selling carbon fiber bottles that would void the warranty of all their current airguns in production.

I understood completely what he said, but you did not read what I posted above. If you disagree with what FX's advertising, I would advise you to call them and ask them why they are selling carbon fiber bottles that would void the warranty of all their current airguns in production.

Alls I saw were 2 styles of carbon fiber bottles for sale.

But not going there bra.

Have a good day.

Impact is all good with 300bar.

Reactions: Rj
This is not quite true. You will get a higher shot count, but it will not be the same as the difference in the pressure available (150 compared to 100 Bar). I have long since forgotten the exact law involved (I think it’s Boyles Law) but the bottom line is that you lose a little efficiency going to the higher pressure.
Bingo. In the 150cc to 100cc differential question it certainly won’t be 50%. More like 25% if that.