250 vs 300 bottle and shot count

You can fill the bottle to 300, but the rifle is rated at 250 WHICH IS THE MAX PRESSURE !!!
I believe you are right on this one. I have shot so many air guns over the years. What we have now is amazing and I am just going to enjoy it. My Crosman 2100 American Classic was amazing 40 years ago. The evolution from 25 years ago to now. Heck, the last 10 years. FX is just so forward thinking. They invite talent in and let them run with it. Look at Teds latest video. I never thought he would come around to slugs but, he has. 250 bar it is.

Thanks gentlemen for taking the time.
Hunter

You can fill the bottle to 300, but the rifle is rated at 250 WHICH IS THE MAX PRESSURE !!!
It says 250on the gun yes in the manual it says you can fill to 300bar and some of the guns are coming with 300bar rated gauges I know some people do fill it to 300 and people that don't . I don't know why the manual would state that the reg would have to fail with out leaking which would be unlikely but the gun could still potentially see 300bar there is a lot of mixed info out there and evidently other companies feel it is all right to do so to otherwise why sell 300 bar rated bottle if you can't use it so I'm as confused about it as others are

After reading everyone's reply and the response I got from FX I cancelled my order at Utah. FX has no plans as of right now of offering a 300 bar bottle.

Hunter
1673828596358.png

Reactions: hunterroark
I am not trying to initiate a drama, but anybody can please elaborate how can you fill any bottle - small or large volume - to 300 bars? ;)
I tried several times with my large tanks (14 Liter) and I know no matter what I do hours of elbow greasing (top up and wait for bottles to cool down and back again), and the max I could really use is maybe about 285 bars on a digital gauge. And topping up a large tank is much easier then a small bottle.... Me personally stopped killing my compressor - struggling with multiple top ups and when my YH compressor shots down a first time, that is it I go from there.

I am not trying to initiate a drama, but anybody can please elaborate how can you fill any bottle - small or large volume - to 300 bars? ;)
I tried several times with my large tanks (14 Liter) and I know no matter what I do hours of elbow greasing (top up and wait for bottles to cool down and back again), and the max I could really use is maybe about 285 bars on a digital gauge. And topping up a large tank is much easier then a small bottle.... Me personally stopped struggling with multiple top ups and when my YH compressor shots down a first time, that is it I go from there.
They use a compressor.

my opinion if you want to shoot all day and shot count is actually an issue, just tether .. or tether 'with' an external reg OR just fill the bottle to your guns pressure, same difference if its on or off the gun .. worrying about a bottle size is frivilous at best, what do you gain with a bigger bottle, a couple of mags? .. whoopdy doo lol. why put it on the gun? tuck a big daddy bottle under the bench and shoot till your trigger finger is raw ..

Maybe the person you talked to at FX that said they had no plans for a 300 bar bottle could get on the same page as these people from FX. lol

Reactions: hunterroark
The Regulator in the bottle adapter before the gun is where I got the idea of 300 bar. I hunt Coyotes with a Compact and thought it would give me a few extra shots. Now I just carry an extra bottle with me. Future plans are to carry 2 - 480 bottles, smaller diameter moderator and just leave everything 250 bar.

The person that sent me an email from FX USA will go unnamed. They obviously asked someone and that is the response sent to me. Quite frankly it doesn't really matter I was just thinking outside the box for my own situation.

Regards, Hunter

Reactions: balver