• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
Congratulations to Lauren Parsons (Daystate Wolfpack) on shooting a 250 11x in the N50 event thus past weekend at the the Wasatch Airgun Fun shoot. 💥

Screenshot_20220822-100507_Instagram.jpg

Fair enough. Not for me. Looks like a nightmare to score.
It ain't rocket science. If you want to compete against the larger caliber you have to use a plug. If you're not willing to compete against a larger caliber you have less people to compete against. It's a great way to level the playing field.

Respectfully, I don’t see how that is a 250 card. I get how scoring with a plug works. But, the N50 website target diagram shows the distance between the 9 and 10 rings is .125 inches. The shots in box 1 and box 10 barely cut the 9 ring. Let’s say they made it approximately .03 inches past the 9 ring. .03 seems fair since it would be 1/4 of the way into the 9 and those 2 shots don’t appear to be 1/4 of the way to the 10. You then have to cover the remaining .095 inches with the plug to touch the 10 ring. But if the hole is .22 and the plug is .35 then plugging the hole gains you .13 inches in total diameter, and that means in any one direction from the center of the hole you only gain half that, or .065 inches. How do you cover the .095 inches necessary when the plug only gains you .065? The math doesn’t seem to add up but maybe I’m missing something? A picture of the plugged hole would help here.

Last edited: