.25 ZAN 44 gr HP BT slugs

90 degrees counter clockwise from the indexing cut in the brass port should be right on the money. If you have a mill handy it should be doable.

Yes, this what I was thinking for the brass piece. Yes I have a micro mill in my garage I don't need to chase a machine shop for these small projects, to add a micro lathe and I would be fine (just cannot find any decent design for less money).

Next to figure out some working mag so I can load a number of slugs and I can put the glasses aside until next re-load :) 

DHL delivered today the new ZAN slugs I ordered 3 days ago, very impressive. If they could cut the shipping cost by half and deliver it in two weeks I would be happy with that as well.

Trying now the fit in the mags, as we had some conversation about earlier up in the thread.

Just for the record - The original FX mags spring already was struggling with 37 gr last time at the range, I will need to tighten those springs for at least half a turn. The FX mag can physically fit the 41 gr slugs lengths but ....the spring pre-load.

The eaglevision mag can physically fit the new 44 gr boat tail slugs but most likely I would need to tighten that spring as well in order to cycle the heavier weight now correctly. 41 grain was cycling correctly last time at my range.

The 46 gr boat tail slug fits the eaglevision mag but when I turn the wheel the slugs tilt and the ball nose rubs the bottom, too much friction there and these won't cycle in that mag.

But these 46 gr ball nose-boat tail slug length fits the Single Shot Tray and for now looks like no modification needed with that one, other than I will wear my reading glasses with every re-load....and that is already a pain in a bottom with on and off...

And........I just discovered a potential issue with the boat tail slugs I got.

This problem my be for me and myself only, I am still using the upgraded Huma pellet probe. The slug boat tail end is smaller OD then the probe hole ID and that will be a consistency issue with depth placement........

I have not seen and I cannot comment about how these boat tail slugs will behave with a pin style probe, which I have no access to at the moment, and none in my neighbourhood.

Any chance you can post some photos, because there is no way the 46 gr Round Nose BT fit in my SST. Also don’t have an Eagle Vision Mag but neither will fit the FX side shot magazines.

Hm, I just toke my Impact apart because tomorrow a friend of my can re-cut the peek valve poppet on the lathe. (That was my mistake, I designed the poppet head 9.1mm vs 8.1 mm. I would never know shooting pellets that the airpath is clogged, this issue came up just recently only when I started shooting slugs).

I have a original FX single shot loader, got it with my Impact Mar.2020. I assume all these shall be made to same dimensions....unless they changed the design in mean time.

Yes, the ball nose 46 gr slug is longer then the SST - inner slider total width, but the housing is slotted from the back (probe side) and the boat tail have enough clearance to slide in.

20211120_170222.1637446085.jpg

20211120_170331.1637446124.jpg

Now, you give me your secret :) .......what you using a pin probe or a pellet probe?

I have no slug power kit, only a Huma pellet probe (I am trying to replace that one) and one home made pin probe somewhere from spring 2020, a very early concept built (and this is a reason I never used it before).

20211120_171759.1637446764.jpg

The 44gr boat tail fits the eaglevision mag but the spring need to be tightened in order to rotate 28 slugs nice and smooth.

From my post.

…. the 44 grain BT HPs just barely fit in my CARM SST, and not even close in a magazine. And the Round Nose BT are longer than the HP….

So obviously the Round Nose didn’t fit the SST or the FX side shot type magazine. I gave up on the ZAN BT for two reasons in addition to the length. 

First, I am a precision shooter, and the ZAN BT are not as accurate in my 700mm Slug A liner as the 43.5 grain NSA, and 

Second, the ZANs are in excess of twice as expensive as the NSAs